Manager, Instructor Success
DataCamp is on a mission to make the world data fluent by building the future of data education. We help both businesses and individuals to up-skill, re-skill, and transition from learning to doing data science through our training, certification and collaboration tools.
Today we have 400+ interactive courses, 270+ expert instructors, 90+ real-life projects and we consistently upgrade our learning products and services to continuously deliver value to consumer, teams and enterprise customers.
Since our launch in 2013, more than 11 million learners around the world have completed hundreds of millions of DataCamp content items. More than 3,500 businesses and government entities worldwide use DataCamp to make their teams and organisations data fluent.
Funded by Spectrum Equity, Accomplice and Arthur Ventures, our ambition is to grow to $100M ARR in the next few years. Headquartered in NY, we have offices in London and Leuven with about 200 colleagues working together out of our major hubs or remotely.
As the Community & Communications Manager, it’s your responsibility to build a network of the best data instructors in the world. Your role will be focused on recruiting professionals to create our content, foster a sense of community with our current instructors, and drive successful communication between DataCamp and our instructors.
You will fill a critical role in creating and executing a communication plan with our instructor community by driving engagement through various efforts like launching newsletters, hosting webinars, and attending 1:1 interviews. You will be owning recruiting, contracting, onboarding, and communicating with our instructors through the lifecycle of their engagement with DataCamp: recruiting, auditioning, contracting, onboarding, maintenance, and coordination of media efforts. As part of the content team, you will work closely with internal stakeholders like human resources, media, marketing, product, and legal to create synergies and actively improve existing processes.
This position is ideal for someone with a passion for data, education, recruitment, and communication, who wants to join a fast-growing startup that’s training the next generation of data professionals and building the world’s best network of data instructors.
What You’ll Do
- Manage our Instructor Success team
- Recruit the best instructors from all over the world to teach data topics in their respective disciplines (Data Science, Analytics, Artificial Intelligence, Business Intelligence, Data Engineering, etc.)
- Own our Content Audition Process and work to ensure operational efficiency through streamlining of the recruiting, application, contracting, and onboarding of our instructors
- Build a strong Instructor Community by sharing newsletters, hosting webinars and meet-ups, and facilitating alternative engagement opportunities for instructors with our media team
- Own Continuous Communication efforts with our instructors to ensure they are always up-to-date with all of the latest things going on at DataCamp (i.e. contract changes, content changes, maintenance requests, etc.)
What You’ll Bring
- 5+ years of experience in recruiting, community building, and process management, working in a fast paced environment - ideally has experience in building and executing a recruitment and communications strategy
- Knowledgeable about recruitment processes, tools, and industry trends
- Is very comfortable dealing with ambiguity, comfortable making decisions and wearing multiple hats
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, enabling you to build a strong network in the data community
- Comfortable with proactively building a network and recruiting through cold outreach
- Ability to meet agreed upon quarterly objectives and key results (OKRs) including milestones and deadlines with minimal guidance
- Network in the data science (SQL, R, Python), Artificial Intelligence, and/or Data Engineering communities is a plus
What's in it for you:
In addition to joining a creative and international start-up, as a permanent employee you’ll enjoy:
- A very competitive salary and stock options
- An exciting job that will offer you technical challenges every day
- Flexible working hours
- International company retreats
- Conference and hardware budget
- Working with a great team (everyone says this, but we’re serious—we’re pretty great)
DataCamp is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.