Content Development Intern - ML & Data Engineering
DataCamp is on a mission to make the world data fluent by building the future of data education. We help both businesses and individuals to up-skill, re-skill, and transition from learning to doing data science through our training, certification and collaboration tools.
Today we have 400+ interactive courses, 270+ expert instructors, 90+ real-life projects and we consistently upgrade our learning products and services to continuously deliver value to consumer, teams and enterprise customers.
Since our launch in 2013, more than 11 million learners around the world have completed hundreds of millions of DataCamp content items. More than 3,500 businesses and government entities worldwide use DataCamp to make their teams and organisations data fluent.
Funded by Spectrum Equity, Accomplice and Arthur Ventures, our ambition is to grow to $100M ARR in the next few years. Headquartered in NY, we have offices in London and Leuven with about 200 colleagues working together out of our major hubs or remotely.
About the role
As a Machine Learning Content Development Intern, you’ll work with our talented Machine Learning Engineering and Data Engineering Curriculum team of educators, machine learning engineers, and technologists to review and improve our library of content. You’ll focus on our Python, SQL and data engineering courses, acting as a reviewer, thought partner, and, most importantly, an advocate for our learners.
This internship is a full-time paid developmental opportunity where you will learn by doing! The position is ideal if you’re interested in machine learning engineering, data engineering, and online education, and would like to learn more about teaching these topics to thousands of people every day. You’ll also find out what it is like to work in a fast-growing international startup.
- Improve and support extending our library of Python, machine learning, and data engineering courses, projects, and practice pools.
- Ensure live courses are up-to-date and of the highest quality
- Write automated tests in Python to provide personalized feedback for learners
The ideal candidate
- Strong command of English, both written and verbal
- Experience programming in Python and good SQL skills
- Comfortable learning new technologies and tools (i.e. GitHub or Kubernetes)
- Strong interest in machine learning and data engineering as well as online education
- Extremely organized and process-oriented
- Strong attention to detail
What’s in it for you
- An exciting internship that will offer you technical challenges every day
- A competitive hourly wage
- Work in a fast-paced and rapidly growing tech startup
- Get hands-on experience and build a network
What's in it for you:
In addition to joining a creative and international start-up, as a permanent employee you’ll enjoy:
- A very competitive salary and stock options
- An exciting job that will offer you technical challenges every day
- Flexible working hours
- International company retreats
- Conference and hardware budget
- Working with a great team (everyone says this, but we’re serious—we’re pretty great)
DataCamp is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.