DataCamp is on a mission to make the world data fluent by building the future of data education. We help both businesses and individuals to up-skill, re-skill, and transition from learning to doing data science through our training, certification and collaboration tools.
Today we have 400+ interactive courses, 270+ expert instructors, 90+ real-life projects and we consistently upgrade our learning products and services to continuously deliver value to consumer, teams and enterprise customers.
Since our launch in 2013, more than 11 million learners around the world have completed hundreds of millions of DataCamp content items. More than 3,500 businesses and government entities worldwide use DataCamp to make their teams and organisations data fluent.
Funded by Spectrum Equity, Accomplice and Arthur Ventures, our ambition is to grow to $100M ARR in the next few years. Headquartered in NY, we have offices in London and Leuven with about 200 colleagues working together out of our major hubs or remotely.
About the Role:
DataCamp is seeking an experienced Localizations Manager to lead our Localization operations and work collaboratively with stakeholders across the business as we expand our product offering globally. Reporting to the VP of Operations, the Localizations Manager will play a pivotal role in supporting DataCamp’s mission of democratizing data skills for everyone, by making DataCamp more accessible to learners all over the world. This will involve designing, implementing and continuously improving our translation and localization processes.
- Develop and execute on strategy to scale localization and translation operations, incorporating data-driven decision making to find the optimal balance of cost/quality/speed
- Lead the launch of DataCamp’s products to customers in new languages
- Identify opportunity areas and drive improvements in quality and scalability of translation and localization processes
- Evangelize best practices internally, raising awareness of localization processes, requirements, timelines, and impact
- Collaborate with global functions to ensure effective cross-vertical collaboration and transparency.
- Oversee a team of 3rd party translators, defining key performance metrics and ensuring the quality of their output
What You’ll Bring:
- 5+ years of experience in localization management at a top tech company or localization agency
- Fluent in English and German (French proficiency is a plus)
- Proven track record in defining and implementing best-in-class localization processes.
- Experience working with product and engineering teams to seamlessly integrate localization solutions.
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Proficiency working with CAT tools
- An interest in data and/or e-learning
What's in it for you:
In addition to joining a creative and international start-up, as a permanent employee you’ll enjoy:
- A very competitive salary and stock options
- An exciting job that will offer you technical challenges every day
- Flexible working hours
- International company retreats
- Conference and hardware budget
- Working with a great team (everyone says this, but we’re serious—we’re pretty great)
DataCamp is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.