Senior Full Stack Engineer (Typescript)
DataCamp is on a mission to make the world data fluent by building the future of data education. We help both businesses and individuals to up-skill, re-skill, and transition from learning to doing data science through our training, certification and collaboration tools.
Today we have 400+ interactive courses, 270+ expert instructors, 90+ real-life projects and we consistently upgrade our learning products and services to continuously deliver value to consumer, teams and enterprise customers.
Since our launch in 2013, more than 11 million learners around the world have completed hundreds of millions of DataCamp content items. More than 3,500 businesses and government entities worldwide use DataCamp to make their teams and organisations data fluent.
Funded by Spectrum Equity, Accomplice and Arthur Ventures, our ambition is to grow to $100M ARR in the next few years. Headquartered in NY, we have offices in London and Leuven with about 200 colleagues working together out of our major hubs or remotely.
Please visit here for more information about our Hiring Process.
We are looking for a talented Senior Full Stack Software Engineer to help us craft web applications to improve and/or redefine the core learning experience. The Learning platform has been the premise of DataCamp’s business since the company’s inception, and building innovative, user-centered solutions to help our learners get to their learning goals is the heart of what we do. You will be part of a great team, building applications and solving technical challenges every single day!
Excited about playing a critical role in contributing to the product's technical direction and expanding the learning experience? Find out more about the role below and apply to join our team!
- Help us build the best platform to learn and teach Data Science.
- Contribute a significant stake to the technical direction of the learn product
- Work with the latest front and backend technologies to solve challenging problems.
- Improve existing learning features as well as build new ones from the ground up.
- Take ownership over several components in our microservices architecture.
- Interact closely with team members to build things that scale.
- Inspire and grow the engineers around you through support, coaching, and mentoring
What we’re looking for?
- You have 5+ years of web development experience building world-class products using ReactJS, GraphQL, and NodeJS, on both frontend and backend applications
- You have practical experience with strongly-typed languages such as TypeScript.
- You can write clean, maintainable, performant, and testable code.
- You can show ownership of a product or feature.
- You are passionate about product development and can empathize with our customers and the problems they experience.
- You enjoy solving challenging technical problems.
- You are highly organized with a flexible, can-do attitude and a willingness/aptitude for learning
- You are a team player with excellent collaboration skills.
- You have a pragmatic approach to solving problems and a results-oriented mindset
- You are interested in data science and education.
What's in it for you:
In addition to joining a creative and international start-up, as a permanent employee you’ll enjoy:
- A very competitive salary and stock options
- An exciting job that will offer you technical challenges every day
- Flexible working hours
- International company retreats
- Conference and hardware budget
- Working with a great team (everyone says this, but we’re serious—we’re pretty great)
DataCamp is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.