Director of Editorial Content
DataCamp is on a mission to make the world data fluent by building the future of data education. We help both businesses and individuals to up-skill, re-skill, and transition from learning to doing data science through our training, certification and collaboration tools.
Today we have 400+ interactive courses, 270+ expert instructors, 90+ real-life projects and we consistently upgrade our learning products and services to continuously deliver value to consumer, teams and enterprise customers.
Since our launch in 2013, more than 11 million learners around the world have completed hundreds of millions of DataCamp content items. More than 3,500 businesses and government entities worldwide use DataCamp to make their teams and organisations data fluent.
Funded by Spectrum Equity, Accomplice and Arthur Ventures, our ambition is to grow to $100M ARR in the next few years. Headquartered in NY, we have offices in London and Leuven with about 200 colleagues working together out of our major hubs or remotely.
DataCamp is looking for a Director of Editorial Content! As part of the Media & Product Marketing team, you are a seasoned content leader within the data & AI space and have demonstrable experience scaling editorial content machines. You’ll be responsible for a team of in-house and freelance writers and editors and will be key in executing DataCamp’s growth strategy.
You will collaborate closely with a team of marketers, data evangelists, product marketing managers, SEO experts, and the broader commercial marketing team to drive organic traffic via our blog & tutorial pages. Through these efforts, you will help amplify and share free and valuable educational content for DataCamp’s audience of learners & data practitioners.
This is a managerial role but will initially require you to put on an individual contributor hat as you grow the team—you will be expected to lead and grow the editorial content team while also playing a key role in delivering content production targets. Here is what your day-to-day will look like:
- Lead and expand a team of content writers and editors, starting with one in-house writer with the goal of hiring 2 or 3 more in the next months
- Build and maintain an operation that produces 10+ high-quality and engaging content on topics related to data technology, including tutorials and cheat sheets on data science, machine learning, AI, etc...
- Manage content production costs and ensure you’re aligned with budget targets & requirements
- Own traffic & performance reporting on editorial content
- Combine SEO keyword analysis with a deep understanding of the data & AI space to iterate on which topics DataCamp should prioritize with its blog
- We love all our team members to remain hands-on! Expect 30% of your time to write about and edit exciting technical data topics yourself.
- Maintain a robust editorial calendar and ensure the editorial team adheres to deadlines.
We’re excited about you because you have the following:
- You have a strong understanding of data science & AI and can write on technical subjects in the data space yourself. You can provide multiple relevant examples of your writing and editing work.
- A minimum of two years of experience managing content writers & creators, specifically in a technical domain
- Have demonstrable operational experience scaling content production functions to up to 10+ articles/tutorials a week without sacrificing quality
- You score yourself in the top 10% regarding attention to detail and setting up process and operational structure.
- Experience building reporting & dashboards on content production and performance metrics
- Can effectively leverage generative AI tools like ChatGPT, Midjourney, Jasper, etc.. for content creation — without sacrificing truthfulness and quality
- Have demonstrable experience delivering meaningful organic growth via editorial content
We’re even more excited about you if you have the following:
- Previous experience as a data scientist or expert
- Already possess a deep network of data science writers & editors that can scale DataCamp’s organic traffic content production
What's in it for you:
In addition to joining a creative and international start-up, as a permanent employee you’ll enjoy:
- A very competitive salary and stock options
- An exciting job that will offer you technical challenges every day
- Flexible working hours
- International company retreats
- Conference and hardware budget
- Working with a great team (everyone says this, but we’re serious—we’re pretty great)
DataCamp is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.