Content Developer - Data Engineering
DataCamp is on a mission to make the world data fluent by building the future of data education. We help both businesses and individuals to up-skill, re-skill, and transition from learning to doing data science through our training, certification and collaboration tools.
Today we have 400+ interactive courses, 270+ expert instructors, 90+ real-life projects and we consistently upgrade our learning products and services to continuously deliver value to consumer, teams and enterprise customers.
Since our launch in 2013, more than 11 million learners around the world have completed hundreds of millions of DataCamp content items. More than 3,500 businesses and government entities worldwide use DataCamp to make their teams and organisations data fluent.
Funded by Spectrum Equity, Accomplice and Arthur Ventures, our ambition is to grow to $100M ARR in the next few years. Headquartered in NY, we have offices in London and Leuven with about 200 colleagues working together out of our major hubs or remotely.
About the role
Businesses and organizations utilize ever more data, and accordingly, data engineering has become a critical role whose skills are highly sought-after. As a Data Engineering Content Developer, you will directly contribute to DataCamp’s mission to democratize data education.
You’ll be working closely with industry experts from around the world and other members of our talented Data Engineering and Machine Learning Engineering Curriculum team to improve the quality of existing content and grow our library of content. You’ll be working on courses, practice pools, and projects, acting as a reviewer, thought partner, and, most importantly, an advocate for our learners. With a strong technical competency in Python, SQL, Git, and database design and the ability to influence across functional groups, you will make data-driven decisions and lead complex projects to successful completion.
To be effective in this role, you must have strong technical skills and a sincere interest in education technology. This position is ideal for someone with a passion for data education, who wants to join a fast-growing startup that’s training the next generation of data professionals.
In this role, you will focus your time on the following areas:
- Create new and exciting data engineering and machine learning engineering content.
- Work with cross-functional teams to enable content creation for more advanced technical topics.
- Researching and recommending new data engineering courses.
- Write automated tests in Python to provide personalized feedback for learners.
- Utilize learner feedback to make data-driven suggestions for content improvements.
- Manage the course development process from post-planning through course launch.
- Work closely with course instructors to ensure our content is interactive and engaging.
- Effectively set and hold instructors accountable for deliverable deadlines.
The ideal candidate
- Teaching or mentoring experience.
- Strong technical background in Python, SQL, Bash, and Git.
- Experience in topics like ETL and ELT, databases and data warehouses (e.g. Snowflake, BigQuery), and data quality.
- Knowledge of the Cloud landscape (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Desirable is experience in topics like CI/CD/DevOps/DataOps, NoSQL, Spark, or Docker/Kubernetes.
- Experience working in a project management environment.
- Enjoys working with other people and interacting with subject matter experts.
- Has completed online courses from DataCamp and/or other providers.
- Able to effectively synthesize, visualize, and communicate your ideas to others, including non-technical audiences.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong command of English, both written and verbal.
- Know when to push back, challenge an idea, seek out compromise, and do so positively and for the benefit of the company.
What's in it for you:
In addition to joining a creative and international start-up, as a permanent employee you’ll enjoy:
- A very competitive salary and stock options
- An exciting job that will offer you technical challenges every day
- Flexible working hours
- International company retreats
- Conference and hardware budget
- Working with a great team (everyone says this, but we’re serious—we’re pretty great)
DataCamp is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.