Customer Support Specialist
DataCamp is on a mission to make the world data fluent by building the future of data education. We help both businesses and individuals to up-skill, re-skill, and transition from learning to doing data science through our training, certification and collaboration tools.
Today we have 400+ interactive courses, 270+ expert instructors, 90+ real-life projects and we consistently upgrade our learning products and services to continuously deliver value to consumer, teams and enterprise customers.
Since our launch in 2013, more than 11 million learners around the world have completed hundreds of millions of DataCamp content items. More than 3,500 businesses and government entities worldwide use DataCamp to make their teams and organisations data fluent.
Funded by Spectrum Equity, Accomplice and Arthur Ventures, our ambition is to grow to $100M ARR in the next few years. Headquartered in NY, we have offices in London and Leuven with about 200 colleagues working together out of our major hubs or remotely.
About the Role
DataCamp is looking for a motivated, solution driven Customer Support Specialist to help us deliver world-class service to our global customer base across multiple products.
This role involves talking to our customers across a variety of contact channels, providing high quality solutions and delivering exceptional customer satisfaction.
The role also involves identifying opportunities to improve the overall customer experience, championing the Voice of the Customer and working on initiatives to continuously improve our support offering.
You’ll need a keen eye for detail, passion for helping customers & the ability to critically analyse processes. A positive attitude & proactive approach go a long way in this role, as does being naturally curious and resourceful.
- Provide personalised, positive & memorable customer support via email, live chat, social media & phone
- Identify and take ownership of customer issues, acting as the ‘Voice of the Customer’
- Escalate product bugs and opportunities in a timely, effective manner
- Develop our internal and customer facing documentation; such as help articles, FAQ pages & contact us forms
- Support, moderate & maintain our community platforms and review sites
- Champion DataCamp by educating customers on how best to use our products and services
- Proactively seek opportunities to improve internal processes & the wider customer experience
- Collaborate cross functionally to maintain high levels of product knowledge and share actionable customer insights
- 1-2 years of experience working in a customer support role
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- High energy and positive attitude
- Ability to take initiative and ownership, but also direction
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Proactive self-starter who is dedicated, eager, and driven to succeed
Our ideal candidate:
- Is a team player
- Is a self-starter/self-learner
- Has experience providing technical support across multiple products (ideally SaaS products)
- Enjoys a fast-paced and fun working environment
- Comfortable working with a globally distributed team
- Has experience working with stakeholders and internal teams to drive product improvements
- Has experience using a ticketing system to provide email and chat support (Zendesk preferred)
Some of your key metrics include:
- Response time SLAs
- Customer satisfaction
- Adherence to support processes
- Productivity & efficiency
- Internal quality assurance
What's in it for you:
In addition to joining a creative and international start-up, as a permanent employee you’ll enjoy:
- A very competitive salary and stock options
- An exciting job that will offer you technical challenges every day
- Flexible working hours
- International company retreats
- Conference and hardware budget
- Working with a great team (everyone says this, but we’re serious—we’re pretty great)
DataCamp is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.