Government Account Executive
DataCamp is on a mission to make the world data fluent by building the future of data education. We help both businesses and individuals to up-skill, re-skill, and transition from learning to doing data science through our training, certification and collaboration tools.
Today we have 400+ interactive courses, 270+ expert instructors, 90+ real-life projects and we consistently upgrade our learning products and services to continuously deliver value to consumer, teams and enterprise customers.
Since our launch in 2013, more than 11 million learners around the world have completed hundreds of millions of DataCamp content items. More than 3,500 businesses and government entities worldwide use DataCamp to make their teams and organisations data fluent.
Funded by Spectrum Equity, Accomplice and Arthur Ventures, our ambition is to grow to $100M ARR in the next few years. Headquartered in NY, we have offices in London and Leuven with about 200 colleagues working together out of our major hubs or remotely.
About the opportunity
Reporting to the VP of Sales, the Government Account Executive is a new role within Datacamp so you will have the opportunity to build something from the ground up. The role will involve developing new business opportunities by working inbound opportunities, the framework to guarantee more substantial client wins across all types of Government clients, self-sourcing outbound opportunities, and growing existing relationships with large Government departments. You will manage your own book of business from prospect to close, and will be provided all the tools, resources, and guidance to succeed. This role is best-suited for motivated individuals who are looking to accelerate their career in software sales.
Objectives and responsibilities
- Manage large Government customers both new and existing through a comprehensive sales cycle from discovery to close
- Develop and nurture strong relationships with prospects and existing customers
- Actively prospect target accounts through cold calling, email and attending relevant industry events
- Conduct comprehensive discovery and qualification in order to optimally position DataCamp’s unique capabilities and value proposition
- Create and deliver customized sales presentations, demonstrations, business case documents, proposals and contracts in order to present DataCamp’s platform to prospective customers
- Develop and execute on territory and account plans to acquire and grow new customer relationships to meet assigned revenue objectives
- Participate actively in working with sales team members and company executives in developing and executing on best practices for sales and account management
Skills and qualifications
- 3-5 years of proven hunting & closing experience in a Government sales role
- Experience selling a Data Analytics or Data Visualization product to C-level or senior management
- Experience working with Goverment clients through a sole-source contracts
- Consistent overachievement of quota and revenue goals
- Skilled at establishing trusted relationships with business managers and executives
- Strong prospecting process to discover the immediate value DataCamp can provide as well as how we enable our enterprise customers to achieve long term goals & data literacy.
- Collaborative mentality and commitment to continuous skills development
- Superior listening and communication skills
- Willingness to travel 20%+
What's in it for you:
In addition to joining a creative and international start-up, as a permanent employee you’ll enjoy:
- A very competitive salary
- An exciting job that will offer you technical challenges every day
- Flexible working hours
- International company retreats
- Conference and hardware budget
- Working with a great team (everyone says this, but we’re serious—we’re pretty great)
DataCamp is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.