Director of Technology Alliances
DataCamp is on a mission to make the world data fluent by building the future of data education. We help both businesses and individuals to up-skill, re-skill, and transition from learning to doing data science through our training, certification and collaboration tools.
Today we have 400+ interactive courses, 270+ expert instructors, 90+ real-life projects and we consistently upgrade our learning products and services to continuously deliver value to consumer, teams and enterprise customers.
Since our launch in 2013, more than 11 million learners around the world have completed hundreds of millions of DataCamp content items. More than 3,500 businesses and government entities worldwide use DataCamp to make their teams and organisations data fluent.
Funded by Spectrum Equity, Accomplice and Arthur Ventures, our ambition is to grow to $100M ARR in the next few years. Headquartered in NY, we have offices in London and Leuven with about 200 colleagues working together out of our major hubs or remotely.
DataCamp is looking for a Director of Technology Alliances who is responsible for our end-to-end technology alliances program. This role entails cultivating relationships with data science and AI product firms to collaborate on new curriculum and certification initiatives that benefit all tech enthusiastic learners across the world. As an integral part of our Product organization, you will directly report to the Chief Product & Technology Officer, receiving support from the founding team.
In the past years we have successfully built alliances with companies such as Microsoft (PowerBI & Azure) and Alteryx. Together with these partners we have - and are - creating exciting new curriculum and certification programs (example) that benefit our learners, benefit DataCamp’s ability to build better content and attract new customers, and that benefit partners in reaching and educating new and existing users of their products. The positive traction we have received so far on our alliances program, and the opportunity we see for establishing new alliances (Tableau, AWS, Google, etc) has us optimistic that this program is ready to scale globally under the right leadership.
This is a role for builders who are not afraid to roll up their sleeves. To be effective in this role, you must have a high sense of urgency, be quality as well as user acquisition focused, and be able to collaborate closely with a team of curriculum developers, product managers, marketeers and legal experts to recruit, deliver and promote new technology alliance programs. In your first 6m your ability to book initial conversations with new partners will be key to success. Therefore this position is ideal for someone with a strong network within the data science and analytics sector, with a passion for building and who wants to join a fast-growing startup.
Upon meeting success criteria this role can evolve into managerial responsibilities.
- End-to-end responsibility over developing DataCamp’s Technology Alliance partnership program from the ground up. In 2024 the main focus will be on recruiting of new partners.
- Align cross functionally with our curriculum teams to work with high profile technology partnerships to jointly build out exciting new curriculum in partner’s domain of expertise.
- Align cross functionally with our marketing and sales teams to attract new DataCamp customers via the marketing of our technology alliances initiatives.
- Track, analyze and communicate key alliance partnership performance metrics to the company.
- KPIs will focus on quality of technology alliance partners, total number of technology alliance partners, and number of new B2C and B2B customers attracted via partners.
The Ideal Candidate:
- You have a strong understanding of the many different players in the data & AI space. In particular with regards to their education, developer relations and certification programs.
- 8+ years of professional experience, and 3+ years of demonstrable experience in recruiting, onboarding, and promotion of a technology alliance program within the data science and analytics sector, or the online edtech space.
- A strong network towards key decision makers at technology providers in the USA and/or Europe that you can leverage from day 1. You score yourself in the top 5% regarding the ability to recruit new alliance partners.
- You set ambitious goals and are used to working independently to achieve them.
What's in it for you:
In addition to joining a creative and international start-up, as a permanent employee you’ll enjoy:
- A very competitive salary
- An exciting job that will offer you technical challenges every day
- Flexible working hours
- International company retreats
- Conference and hardware budget
- Working with a great team (everyone says this, but we’re serious—we’re pretty great)
DataCamp is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.