Data Science Writer
DataCamp is on a mission to make the world data fluent by building the future of data education. We help both businesses and individuals to up-skill, re-skill, and transition from learning to doing data science through our training, certification and collaboration tools.
Today we have 400+ interactive courses, 270+ expert instructors, 90+ real-life projects and we consistently upgrade our learning products and services to continuously deliver value to consumer, teams and enterprise customers.
Since our launch in 2013, more than 11 million learners around the world have completed hundreds of millions of DataCamp content items. More than 3,500 businesses and government entities worldwide use DataCamp to make their teams and organisations data fluent.
Funded by Spectrum Equity, Accomplice and Arthur Ventures, our ambition is to grow to $100M ARR in the next few years. Headquartered in NY, we have offices in London and Leuven with about 200 colleagues working together out of our major hubs or remotely.
Data Science Writer
DataCamp is looking for a Data Science Writer! As part of the Media & Product Marketing team, you are a seasoned writer within the data & AI space and have demonstrable experience in creating, editing, and delivering technical data & AI articles & tutorials. You’ll be responsible for working with a team of freelance writers to drive DataCamp’s blog and tutorial machines.
You will collaborate closely with a team of marketers, data evangelists, product marketing managers, SEO experts, and the broader commercial marketing team to drive organic traffic via our blog & tutorial pages. Through these efforts, you will help amplify and share free and valuable educational content for DataCamp’s audience of learners & data practitioners.
This is an individual contributor role—you will be expected to recruit, lead, and grow our stable of expert freelancers, manage contracts and payments, assign them technical content, edit their work, and more. Here is what your day-to-day will look like:
- Deliver high-quality articles & tutorials on data science, AI, analytics, business intelligence, and more
- Design content briefs that guide freelancers to create content that provides value for DataCamp’s community of learners
- Recruit and manage freelance writers & experts from the data science, AI, analytics, and business intelligence communities
- Edit the work of freelancers and ensure that content is ready to be published in a timely manner
- Combine SEO keyword analysis with a deep understanding of the data & AI space to iterate and improve on the content we create
- Your targets for 2024 are to maintain a robust editorial calendar, deliver 30 new articles & tutorials per month, and ensure freelancers adhere to quality standards and deadlines.
We’re excited about you because you have the following:
- You have a strong understanding of data science & AI and can write on technical subjects in the data space yourself. You can provide multiple relevant examples of your writing and editing work.
- Detailed knowledge of at least 1 programming language (Python, R, SQL, …) or Business Intelligence Tool (Tableau, Power BI, …)
- You score yourself in the top 5% regarding attention to detail. Typos & incorrect grammar are your worst enemies.
- Can effectively leverage generative AI tools like ChatGPT, Midjourney, Jasper, etc.. for content creation — without sacrificing truthfulness and quality.
We’re even more excited about you if you have the following:
- Previous experience as a data scientist or expert
- Already have a deep network of data science writers & editors that can scale DataCamp’s organic traffic content production
- Have demonstrable experience delivering meaningful organic growth via editorial content
What's in it for you:
In addition to joining a creative and international start-up, as a permanent employee you’ll enjoy:
- A very competitive salary
- An exciting job that will offer you technical challenges every day
- Flexible working hours
- International company retreats
- Conference and hardware budget
- Working with a great team (everyone says this, but we’re serious—we’re pretty great)
DataCamp is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.