Who We Are:
At DataCamp, we're not just a platform; we're the catalyst for a data-fluent world. We enable individuals and businesses to leap forward in data science, providing them with top-tier education, certification, and collaboration tools.
By the Numbers:
- 400+ dynamic courses
- 270+ renowned instructors from 35 Countries
- 90+ hands-on projects
- 12 million+ global learners
We're proud to be backed by Spectrum Equity, Accomplice, and Arthur Ventures, aiming to hit $100M ARR in the upcoming years. While our roots are in New York City, our presence spans London to Leuven, with a vibrant team of 200+ members working both on-site and remotely.
About the Role:
Salary up to $100,000 per annum
Reporting to the VP of Growth, the Events Manager is responsible for developing and executing our in-person events strategy to drive pipeline and revenue growth for the B2B arm of DataCamp. In the midst of the data and generative AI revolution, you'll be a key player in equipping businesses to thrive in a new digital-first era. If you value curiosity, continuous learning, and new technology, and have a desire to foster a culture where everyone contributes to our success, you'll love working with us.
While we are a remote-first company, this role requires some travel within the US and an expectation to be in the office two days per week when not attending an event.
Develop Events Strategy & Playbook:
- Design and lead the strategic planning of the in-person events portfolio, focusing on core product solutions, industries, and top local markets.
- Drive annual calendar planning to align with product launches, industry announcements, and pipeline-driving activities.
- Develop a repeatable playbook that can be leveraged by our sales and marketing teams.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to identify event vision, messaging/positioning, audience acquisition strategy, and more.
Execute on In-person Events:
- Work closely with our commercial team to ensure seamless execution.
- Oversee all aspects of event planning and coordination, from pre-event logistics to post-event analysis.
Metrics & Analytics:
- Establish key performance indicators (KPIs) and track the success of in-person events where DataCamp has a presence.
- Measure ROI of in-person events and use data and analytics to provide insights for continuous refinement of strategies and tactics.
Continuous Learning & Development:
- Stay abreast of industry trends, emerging technologies, and key local events, incorporating this knowledge into the events strategy.
- Actively participate in relevant industry conferences, webinars, and networking events to maintain a deep understanding of market dynamics and competitor activities.
- Collaborate with internal subject matter experts to ensure that event content remains cutting-edge, relevant, and aligned with industry best practices.
- Regularly assess attendee feedback and post-event analysis to identify areas for improvement and innovation in future events.
- 5+ years of professional experience, with at least 3 years in Marketing Operations, events planning, and demand generation in a high-growth SaaS startup.
- Comfortable operating independently and in a solo capacity.
- Experience with experimentation and comfort with data analysis or working with analysts to measure program impact.
- Strong ability and experience engaging with multiple functions/roles within an organization to execute mutually beneficial partnerships successfully.
- Demonstrated ability to get things done, build consensus, resolve conflict, and solve business problems in collaboration with others.
- Ability to demonstrate credible experience that gains trust within the sales and marketing leadership team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Familiarity with sales technologies and tools.
If you're passionate about driving the success of in-person events in a dynamic and transformative industry, we invite you to join our team at DataCamp. Apply now and be a part of our mission to empower individuals and organizations through data and AI education.
What's in it for you:
In addition to joining a creative and international start-up, as a permanent employee you’ll enjoy:
- A very competitive salary
- An exciting job that will offer you technical challenges every day
- Flexible working hours
- International company retreats
- Conference and hardware budget
- Working with a great team (everyone says this, but we’re serious—we’re pretty great)
DataCamp is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.