Freelance Tutorial Writer
Who We Are:
At DataCamp, we're not just a platform; we're the catalyst for a data-fluent world. We enable individuals and businesses to leap forward in data science, providing them with top-tier education, certification, and collaboration tools.
By the Numbers:
- 400+ dynamic courses
- 270+ renowned instructors from 35 Countries
- 90+ hands-on projects
- 12 million+ global learners
We're proud to be backed by Spectrum Equity, Accomplice, and Arthur Ventures, aiming to hit $100M ARR in the upcoming years. While our roots are in New York City, our presence spans London to Leuven, with a vibrant team of 200+ members working both on-site and remotely.
Freelance Tutorial Writer
DataCamp is looking for a freelance data science tutorial writer! If you are a seasoned writer within the data & AI space and have demonstrable experience in creating, editing, and delivering technical data & AI articles and tutorials, we want to speak with you.
You’ll be responsible for working with one of our content editors to create DataCamp blogs and tutorials to help educate your fellow data practitioners. Through these efforts, you will help amplify and share free and valuable educational content for DataCamp’s audience of learners and professionals.
This is a freelance contributor role—you will preferably be able to deliver 2-5 articles per month, including work on:
- Delivering high-quality articles & tutorials on data science, AI, analytics, business intelligence, and more
- Researching the latest trends and technologies to deliver insightful, original content that helps our readers continue to learn
- Suggesting new and interesting topics that are suitable for our core audience and will drive organic traffic and engagement
- Creating reflective images of your content using generative AI tools (such as Midjourney or DALL-E) to help your articles stand out
We’re excited about you because you have the following:
- You have a strong understanding of data science & AI and can write on technical subjects in the data space yourself.
- Detailed knowledge of at least 1 programming language (Python, R, SQL, …) or Business Intelligence Tool (Tableau, Power BI, …)
- You can provide multiple relevant examples of your writing and editing work.
What's in it for you:
In addition to joining a creative and international start-up, as a permanent employee you’ll enjoy:
- A very competitive salary
- An exciting job that will offer you technical challenges every day
- Flexible working hours
- International company retreats
- Conference and hardware budget
- Working with a great team (everyone says this, but we’re serious—we’re pretty great)
DataCamp is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.