Deep 6 AI is a fast-growing tech startup headquartered in Los Angeles, California looking for talented, dynamic team members who want to help shape our groundbreaking artificial intelligence platform. This is a remote opportunity, and we have a significant number of team members in Chicago, Seattle, SF Bay Area, NYC and Nashville.
We are transforming and accelerating clinical trials, to help get life-saving treatments to patients faster and accelerate innovation in healthcare. To that end, we build a cutting-edge software suite that connects all clinical research stakeholders, from research teams to treating physicians, patients, and study sponsors on a real-time, real-world data SaaS platform, powered by AI.
We are seeking a Platform Software Engineer with experience in working with and developing in an AWS environment to join our team. You will work as a member of our Engineering teams, developing infrastructure as code, managing deployments, and ensuring that critical systems are functioning securely, effectively, and consistently.
What You'll Do
- Design and Implement cloud infrastructure through code to support our SaaS product and data ingestion platform.
- Work directly with engineers to review their designs and improve their technical strength.
- Collaborate across teams to build and maintain secure development and production environments.
- Establish amazing transparency of system performance through monitoring, actionable alerts, and continuous improvement and tuning.
- Ensure 24x7 stability and be available as necessary to troubleshoot urgent issues.
- Drive change and develop highly reputable processes and have a desire to automate.
- Maintain the functionality, security, and uptime of critical technology systems networks, AWS, and storage infrastructure, and communication systems.
- 4+ years of overall professional engineering related experience.
- 2+ years of demonstrable systems experience in scaling web, mobile, data and systems platforms.
- Ability and desire to share technical vision and build consensus.
- Strong hands-on technical knowledge of AWS.
- Proficient in leveraging CI and CD tools to automate testing and deployment.
- Motivated and ambitious, interested in growing and developing.
- Automation experience with AWS CloudFormation, AWS CDK, and/or Terraform.
- Experience building and managing Elasticsearch Clusters.
- Experience in Incident Response, triage, restoration of service and postmortems.
- Working knowledge of AWS security services like Flow Logs, WAF, to build a secured and compliant production environment.
- Bonus points for experience in HITRUST or SOC 2 compliant environments.
Technologies We Use
- Python, TypeScript, Kotlin
- AWS CDK
- AWS Services for Compute, Network, Databases, EMR, Storage.
- GitHub Actions
- PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, DynamoDB
We are a very collaborative group that is inclusive, fun, and hard-working. We appreciate the value in diverse backgrounds and experiences so that we can create the best product through different perspectives and ideas. Deep 6 AI welcomes remote work and has fully-remote teams throughout the country; we strive to create an environment where you can do your best work in the environment and location that is best suited for each individual. As a member of our team, you can expect to work with intelligent, curious, and motivated peers who value and respect your perspectives. - Deep 6 AI is headquartered in Los Angeles and has a significant number of employees Chicago, Seattle, SF Bay Area, NYC and Nashville.
In addition to competitive salary and a unique opportunity to thrive at a growing company, Deep 6 AI offers various formal benefits as well as a generous PTO plan which includes sick and vacation days, and as well as employer-paid medical (including a Health Savings Account with an employer contribution), Dental, Vision, and Life insurance. In addition, we're proud to offer Voluntary Life & AD&D, Short Term Disability, and Long-Term Disability coverage. A 401k plan is available, too.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job function. They're not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned by Deep 6.
At Deep 6, we appreciate the opportunity to benefit from the diverse backgrounds and experiences of others. Because of our deep commitment to respect every individual, Deep 6 is an equal opportunity employer.