Analytics Engineer - (Onsite) Bengaluru, India
Degreed India Engineering is looking for an experienced Analytics Engineer to provides timely, accurate, and reliable data to engineers, data scientists, business analysts, and reporting and analysis tools. Degreed amasses a high volume of structured
and unstructured data in multiple production systems. In this role, you'll be responsible for data models to feed our product's various reporting and analytics offerings. You will be part of a distributed team across India, the U.S., and other areas reporting to an Engineering Manager in the U.S.
This role will be based onsite in Bengaluru, India. After an in-office onboarding period, incumbents are expected to be available in office for a few days per week as part of hybrid work model. Candidates will also be required to travel internationally 1-2 times annually for full company gatherings.
Day in the Life
- Research systems and APIs to find the best way to connect to production databases
- Develop data pipelines to extract, load, and transform data using SQL, Python, Jinja
- Transform data in our data warehouse to build data models that feed various reporting and analytics offerings
- Design, deploy, and maintain services in our growing Azure-based data infrastructure
- Partner with internal teams to research and develop requirements for new features
- Design database schemas and queries to ensure performance
- Write automated tests to monitor and ensure end-to-end data quality
- Work with reporting engineers to experiment with and deploy data models
- Consult with teams across Degreed to provide expertise, guidance, and support using data
Who You Are
There are only a handful of folks who meet all qualifications. We care more about hiring engineers that have a track record of shipping impactful, quality software than checking all of the boxes. So whether you meet all the qualifications or a partial set, we want to hear from you
- 3+ years of experience writing performant, maintainable, and scalable Python services
- 4+ years of experience in engineering, including Data Modeling, ETL/ELT, Data Lakes, and Data Warehousing on cloud platforms such as Azure, AWS, GCP, etc
- 4+ years working with SQL such as SQL Server, Postgres, MySQL
- 2+ years of experience deploying and maintaining CI/CD-enabled high-availability production services
- 3+ years of experience with one or more data pipeline platforms like Airflow, Stitch, Meltano, Spark, or others
- Experience using and developing on Snowflake or other large, shared data warehouses
- 2+ years of writing automated testing using tools like Pytest
- Practical experience with software development processes and tools like Scrum, code reviews, GitHub, Jira, etc.
- Experience working in highly collaborative teams
- Candidate must be based in Bengaluru, India.
What Sets You Apart
- Experience utilizing Dbt to actualize models
- Exposure to Jinja coding
- Practical hands-on experience with creating Airflow DAGs
Work Environment & Physical Demands
Degreed is a remote-first company; however, our roles are open to in-office or flex work if you live in a city with a physical office location (when it is safe to return to the office). If this role has the opportunity to operate 100% virtually, it will be from your home office within any country that Degreed is authorized to do business. If this role is based in a Degreed office location, you will have the flexibility to work remotely if needed. As a global business, we primarily collaborate through virtual meetings (Zoom), email, and Slack. You will be required to operate a laptop computer, computer software platforms, and other office productivity machinery as necessary in this role. Due to the nature of this role, you must be able to remain stationary for extended periods and must be able to observe and interpret written and/or verbal communication.