Senior Event Marketing Coordinator - UK Remote
Degreed is seeking a rockstar Senior Event Marketing Coordinator to join our Marketing team. This job is fast-paced and critically important to the Global Event team. You’ll have the opportunity to work on in-person & virtual events, webinars, marketing campaigns, and newsletters. You will work closely with the Global Event team to construct and organize all the logistics of planning top-tier events.
This role is at the heart of Degreed's Global Event team, offering a dynamic and fast-paced opportunity to spearhead both virtual and in-person B2B events. As a Senior Event Marketing Coordinator, you'll be deeply involved in every aspect of event planning and execution, from initial research and planning to the final stages of analyzing event success. Your days will be filled with various tasks, including negotiating with venues and vendors, coordinating logistics, and collaborating with cross-functional teams to ensure every event is a success. This description is designed to outline primary duties and is not limited to only these tasks; flexibility and adaptability are key.
This position will report to the Senior Manager of Global Events.
Day In The Life
- Spearhead end-to-end initiatives to ensure the successful execution of virtual & in-person B2B events (Degreed-hosted and third-party industry events)
- Research, plan, and organize events in accordance with financial and time parameters and regional goals
- Research, negotiate, and book appropriate venues and vendors or tech
- Oversee technical production, F&B, housing, creative design
- Schedule and organize time slots and speakers for event
- Arrange promotional items, shipping (FedEx), Amazon
- Update and maintain pre and post-event registration lists and work with the Analytics team to report data metrics
- Track event performance including pipeline generation and return on investment
- Collaborate with the sales and sales development team in developing engaging outreach strategies
- Assist other event coordinators with all aspects of logistical planning and execution of trade shows, conferences, client and proprietary events
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (Sales, Client Experience, Digital Marketing, Content, Email, Brand, and Product)
- Work with swag contact to ensure orders are processed smoothly for events
- Track and reconcile expenses. Work closely with the finance team on all marketing invoices and expenses
- Assist with miscellaneous projects and tasks
Who You Are
- A detail-oriented, highly organized individual with a passion for event planning and a knack for managing multiple tasks efficiently.
- You have a strong background in B2B event coordination, particularly within the SaaS industry, and possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- You thrive in a team environment but are also capable of working independently and handling the pressures that come with event planning.
What Will Set You Apart
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, or relevant field
- 3-4 years of experience in coordinating and managing both virtual & in-person events and webinars for B2B SaaS companies
- Proficiency in tools such as Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Slack, Asana, Google Suite, Bizzabo, Hubspot, and Salesforce or similar platforms
- Strong capabilities in Excel and data management
- Exceptional administrative, organizational, and detail-oriented skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to stay calm under pressure
- Flexibility to work weekends, early mornings, and evenings as required, with approximately 15% travel