Senior Backend Engineer (Remote)
Senior Backend Engineer
Join Denim and Become an Industry Disruptor
Denim is a financial enablement platform that is rapidly disrupting the $2 trillion logistics sector. Our proprietary technology platform allows freight brokers to simplify their financial operations and easily access the working capital they need to grow in a competitive market. We’re backed by top freight and fintech investors.
We care about our employees’ professional – and personal – lives. Our workforce is fully remote, we offer unlimited paid time off and our culture celebrates diversity. We’ve earned a Best Places to Work Award from Built In. Join us!
As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will be responsible for building the critical infrastructure to process transactions, internal automation tools to streamline payments, and underlying functionality for features our clients love. You’ll not only be enhancing existing functionality, but also have the opportunity to build new products that will be instrumental to our continued growth.
What Excites You
- You love creating elegant and scalable solutions to complex technical challenges.
- You are passionate about working with a team of product managers, designers, engineers and customers to solve challenging problems.
- You have a passion for continual learning and team communication, as well as listening to the customer to create a great experience.
- You’re transparent and believe that open communication is critical for team success.
- You want to work with a collaborative team that supports each other and helps each other grow.
What Excites Us
- You’re an experienced Elixir developer who has a deep understanding of the benefits and limitations of the language.
- Experience supporting and scaling Elixir applications to thousands of users.
- You’ve built secure REST or GraphQL APIs and care deeply about creating great experiences for consumers of these services.
- You know your way around relational databases and know how to write complex SQL queries with or without an ORM (or find the answer if you need to)
- You're a curious, scrappy, highly motivated innovator who is excited about diving into a high-growth startup and taking ownership of important customer-facing features.
- You're a solid developer who obsesses over writing clean, maintainable, well-tested code that delights your users.
- You work small and seek to shorten feedback loops
- You are unafraid to step out of your comfort zone and work across the full sack, as needed.
- You foster personal growth and professional development in yourself and your peers.
- You have strong opinions about testing and accept nothing less than 80% coverage.
- You value autonomy and are excited about joining a team that values personal growth, professional development, and career progression
- Your peers see you as an avid team player who lives by the philosophy that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts
- Experience with front end languages is a plus.
- Experience working with B2B software products.
- Freight and Fintech experience is a plus.
Unbelievable Benefits and Perks
- Fully remote work by design
- Company laptop; $1,000 home office build-out allowance
- $50/month mobile phone / $75/month Wi-Fi allowances
- Unlimited paid time off (PTO)
- Generous parental leave policy
- 100% PAID medical, dental and vision insurance for employees
- Short term disability; long term disability; life insurance
- 401k with potential future employer match
- $100/month wellness allowance
- $1,000/year professional development allowance
- $100/year philanthropy match to employee donations
- Bi-annual in-person retreats for fun and learning
- Generous option (equity) grant opportunities
- Mental Health Benefits covered by our company-provided insurance
- Volunteer days in local community
We Celebrate Diversity, Camaraderie and Growth
Denim's culture embraces curiosity, collaboration and continual improvement. We strive to maintain an environment that’s friendly, inclusive and mutually supportive. We earn great employee reviews because we care about your professional growth and personal happiness. And we honor each individual’s uniqueness and contributions. We don’t just accept people’s differences. We celebrate them. Denim is an equal opportunity workplace and an equal opportunity employer.
$138,000 - $168,000
Denim believes in providing pay transparency to all candidates. For annual compensation, our pay ranges for all roles are based on geographic location, job responsibilities and experience, benchmarked against similar stage companies in our industry. We share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Every final offer presented is determined by several components including location as well as candidate experience and skills, and could alter from the amounts listed above.