Vice President, Customer Experience
At DNSFilter we have a singular mission: to challenge the way the industry thinks about security via DNS—and we need your help! We’ve come a long way over the past few years. In 2021 we had a successful $30 million Series A funding round, and in 2022 we became the fastest DNS security tool on the planet and joined forces with privacy-focused VPN Guardian! This year we’re continuing our product-fueled growth by adding new features to assist our customers with their DNS-layer security and broadening our solution to align with the Secure Web Gateway market.
As our company grows, we’re ready to take our Customer Experience to the next level and are looking for a customer-obsessed leader to create the foundation of our newly formed Customer Experience function. This position will report directly to the COO and will require strategic planning and execution to ensure customer satisfaction is consistently met. DNSFilter sets a high standard for excellence in service, and the Vice President of Customer Experience will be responsible for maintaining our high standards for excellence in service as the leader in edge-layer security.
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If you feel like this job is for you, please apply. We believe diversity of experience and skills, including transferable skills, combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence; therefore we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions!
- Develop, implement and execute a strategy for delivering world-class customer success, support, and services in order to increase company’s capability to successfully deliver value across all of their markets
- Create a newly formed Customer Experience organization bringing together a mature Customer Support team and a newly created Customer Success team
- Evaluate the existing success and services strategy and implement necessary adjustments needed to help customers realize value, improve renewal rates and increase customer satisfaction
- Collaborate with the Go-to-Market organization and Product Development to communicate the voice of the customer, in order to influence the product roadmap, sales behavior, and marketing strategies
- Lead and scale company’s global Customer Experience organization, including onboarding, adoption, success, and support
- Lead the delivery and execution of customer success/support to ensure current and future programs and practices help customers achieve their goals but also ensure net retention goals for the company
- Own key operational metrics like churn and contraction, revenue and customer satisfaction and create and execute Customer Success OKRs
- 12+ years of experience managing Customer Success and Customer Support teams
- Proven ability to ramp implementation, success and support reps over time in a systematic way - including the development of a training program focused on product, process, and skills
- Proven success leading post-sales teams for high-growth businesses in B2B and B2B2C SaaS
- Experience in servicing a diverse segments of customers including, channel, OEM, enterprise, as well as high transaction MTM volume
- Are a builder of teams, processes, systems and culture; you are a natural collaborator with peers across the organization; you are wired to ‘win together’ and to support colleagues
- Inspiring personality who leads teams through a combination of personal leadership, process discipline, and accountability; you have a compelling executive presence in front of customers, employees, investors, stakeholders, and other members of the leadership team
- Strong culture fit: scrappy, fast-paced, hardworking, relentless, transparent, collaborative, dedicated.
- Strong understanding of the complexity of servicing a technical audience and the ability to develop a customer journey lifecycle that is strategically tailored to the needs of the company’s customers
- Familiarity and practical expertise with various success-enablement technologies such as success management platforms, community and portal tools, self-service tools, online training tools, etc.
- Experience maintaining & measuring departmental KPIs to garner actionable insights that will drive strategies around churn reduction and revenue optimization
- The ability to work mostly in an EST time zone environment
- Ability to travel 15-25% of the time for company events, trade shows, and other relevant events
Bonus points for:
- Experience in a high-growth startup environment
- Cybersecurity industry knowledge
- A 100% work-from-home position with a company that values and fosters personal and professional growth
- Passionate and intelligent colleagues who work hard and have a good time doing it
- Rotating 4-Day work week
- Paid company-wide week off at the end of each year
- Flexible Vacation policy
- Awesome company swag
- Home office buildout allowance
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits for US Based Employees
- Full short-term disability and life benefits; available long-term disability
- In-person Annual Gatherings. Last time we all spent a week on a beach in Cancun!
The hiring range for this role is: $223,000 - $262,500 USD Annually. DNSFilter is a pay for performance organization, which means there is the opportunity to advance your compensation with performance over time. The hiring base pay is dependent upon many factors such as level, function, training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, and/or geographic location. As a fully remote company, our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several U.S. and global geographic markets. We pay differently based on those defined markets. Our Talent Team can share more about the specific salary range for the job location during the hiring process.
Something looks off?