Quality Engineer (Systems)
At DNSFilter we have a singular mission: to challenge the way the industry thinks about security via DNS—and we need your help! We’ve come a long way over the past few years. In 2021 we had a successful $30 million Series A funding round, and in 2022 we became the fastest DNS security tool on the planet and joined forces with privacy-focused VPN Guardian! This year we’re continuing our product-fueled growth by adding new features to assist our customers with their DNS-layer security and broadening our solution to meet the needs of our customers.
To help realize our product vision and sustain our growth, we are looking for a technical Quality Engineer experienced with risk-based context-driven testing to help us build and evolve our test team.
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If you feel like this job is for you, please apply. We believe diversity of experience and skills, including transferable skills, combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence; therefore we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions!
- Study and learn the product and integration points to understand and identify product risks holistically
- Perform Systems Level Testing & Analysis including performance & load testing
- Design and execute test plans and test cases used to test “beyond the requirements” using strong creative, technical, lateral, and critical thinking skills
- Design, prepare and maintain complex data sets used for deep testing
- Design and implement automated tools for testing where they will improve productivity, efficiency, and quality
- Collaborate and engage with stakeholders at all levels throughout the SDLC
- Test new and existing features from early-stage code through to E2E implementation
- Triage, troubleshoot, and debug issues found internally, by our users, and in production
- Effectively write concise actionable bug reports and supporting documentation
- Speak knowledgeably about testing activities, status, and risk
- The ability to work in a mostly EST environment
- A strong commitment to collaborative work in a remote environment
- 5+ years of experience with Software Testing
- A talent for analysis, communication, interpretation and problem-solving
- Experience with testing & debugging Cloud Based Systems - AWS, Redis (or similar), Rollbar, 3rd party integrations, etc.
- Experience with performance, load & security testing
Bonus points for:
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Experience efficiently working remotely
- Experience with test project management
- Experience testing SSO, SAML, OIDC, 2FA, IAM
- A strong understanding of network protocols, configuration, administration & DNS as it relates to software testing
- Rapid Software Testing
- A 100% work-from-home position with a company that values and fosters personal and professional growth
- Passionate and intelligent colleagues who work hard and have a good time doing it
- Rotating 4-Day work week
- Paid company-wide week off at the end of each year
- Flexible Vacation policy
- Awesome company swag
- Home office buildout allowance
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits for US Based Employees
- Full short-term disability and life benefits; available long-term disability
- In-person Annual Gatherings. Last time we all spent a week on a beach in Cancun!
The hiring range for this role is: $106,500 - $125,500 USD AnnuallyDNSFilter is a pay for performance organization, which means there is the opportunity to advance your compensation with performance over time. The hiring base pay is dependent upon many factors such as level, function, training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, and/or geographic location. As a fully remote company, our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several U.S. and global geographic markets. We pay differently based on those defined markets. Our Talent Team can share more about the specific salary range for the job location during the hiring process.