Director of Growth / Remote / Marketing / Full-time
Tl:dr: E-Fish just graduated from Techstars and is is looking for someone to raise awareness for E-Fish, streamline our storytelling throughout all sales channels, and provide an unexpectedly delightful experience for our customers. In doing so, we’ll dramatically and positively impact the personal and professional livelihood of our seafood harvesters.
We’re a seafood marketplace connecting at-home discerning cooks to independent seafood wholesalers at scale. Our fishermen harvest to order then package and ship products within 24 hours of landing. Seafood from our suppliers arrive on customer's doorstep within 48 hours, which is unheard of!
We’re looking for a director of growth to maximize impact for our fisherman. This individual will be our first hire and will directly see the impact (both personal and operational) of every decision. This person should be hungry to find product-market fit and eager to continuously improve our operational processes as we scale. The ideal person is a self-starter and willing to roll up their sleeves to not just plan marketing objectives, but also implement them in the early days with limited resources (people and marketing budget). Longer term, we plan for this role to manage people and agencies. Ideally you’re a foodie, have a keen eye for content creation, and are ready to work in a very fast paced, yet fulfilling environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop a long term customer acquisition and retention strategy for E-Fish to optimize top of funnel for the right leads and maximize revenue growth
- Launch, manage, measure, and optimize new marketing campaigns across all channels including paid Search, Social, Email, PR, and SMS
- Source influencers and bloggers for marketing campaigns
- Measure and track cohort analyses
- Manage marketing agency
- Work directly with COO to ensure the supply chain is optimized for growth
- Work directly with the CEO to create a suite of reporting tools that allow for easy, intuitive reporting to all key stakeholders along with actionable insights.
- Minimum of 5 years of marketing/digital experience
- A minimum 3 years of leading high performance teams and proven experience setting high-level strategies and building teams to meet them
- Prior experience in marketing, analytics or related function evaluating the effect of marketing spend on revenue
- Experience with Shopify, Klaviyo, Google Analytics, FB, and Mailchimp
- A confident, self-motivated individual with a strong desire for action
- Deep knowledge of online marketing landscape and associated website optimization techniques
- Exceptional writing and communications skills
- D2C digital experience
- Content/SEO experience
Preferred Skills/Experiences (a plus)
- Lover of food and the farm-to-table movement!
- Ability to conceptualize, scope and execute projects on tight timelines
- Experience with constructing messaging based on specific target markets
- Proficiency with multiple analytics and database tools common within a marketing organization
- Self-starter who’s not afraid to make decisions on their own
- What We Offer
- Ownership and growth - we’ll be growing rapidly over the next few years with ownership opportunity
- Work from wherever - we’ll fly everyone to be together a few times a year when it’s safe
About our Culture
- We'll drop everything to help out a customer, we’ve even prepped a product in our own kitchen for a chef when UPS delayed a shipment
- We roll up our sleeves and are working hard to get from 0-1. It’s a lot of work, but it’s so rewarding when your campaign converts, when a customer writes a raving review, or when a famous chef calls you to thank you.
- Flexible hours – Our team is spread out throughout the country, so work on your own time
- We have a deep respect for one another. Without respect and without trust we are nothing.
- Be coachable: Feedback is welcome, jerks are not.
- We believe in life outside of the company, just get your work done while you’re working, then go fish, ski, or hike.
- How we Operate
- We’re a fully dispersed team (Chicago & LA). Being in the seafood industry means there is no shortage of excitement. Whether it’s a weather delay on a holiday weekend, a last minute order from a celebrity chef, or cold-outreach to news outlets, every day is unique and exciting.
- If you want to work with a company that’s trying to fundamentally change the business model for the seafood industry in favor of independent fishermen, then we’re the place for you.
Our Team and Supporters
We’re a team that’s passionate about service, food and fish, looking to make our first hire after graduating from Techstars. Jeff (CEO) is a 3rd generation grocer, worked for numerous big brand e-commerce companies (Patagonia & Allbirds), and launched E-Fish during his 2nd year at MIT Sloan. Matthew, COO, is a previous founder in the space, a 5th generation commercial fisherman and fishmonger, and has sourced seafood for the Pope, 2 presidential inaugurations, and every 3-star michelin restaurant in the country. We also just brought on Jean-Georges as an advisor.