• Your primary role as a Product Design Manager is to advocate for the customer experience (CX).
• You obsess over customer pain points and continually push to make the CX more useful, enjoyable, and accessible.
• Embed within a cross-functional product area and lead design across one or more products – from discovery, definition, and development through to delivery.
• Proactively partner with the existing Design team, Product, and Engineering to oversee and align the user experience of Syngenta’s diverse platform and family of products.
• Manage, develop, coach, and mentor Designers within the team.
• Inform, mature, and help develop our design culture, ensuring an open and collaborative working environment.
• Build out, scale, and maintain our internal Design Systems, standards, best practices, and guidelines.
• Provide regular feedback to your team regarding performance, and help shape and define clear career paths and tangible action plans to achieve them.
• Present and defend your product design ideas to cross-functional teams and senior leadership.
• Follow an existing design system with the latitude to push it further.
• Constantly bring new and impactful ideas and improve the design quality at Educative.
• 5+ years of experience working as a UX/Product designer or design leader
• 3+ years of leading teams of highly creative, high-performing design teams.
• A design degree in VCD, UX, Fine Arts, Interaction Design, or CS focusing on HCI or relevant experience.
• Familiarity with UX research and an ability to collect and interpret both qualitative and quantitative feedback
• Proven experience in all phases of the design process, including user research, copywriting, wireframing, prototyping, visual design, interaction design, and usability testing
• Excellent eye for visual design and ability to help fellow designers.
• Collaboration and ability to convince and rally a variety of stakeholders
• A versatile portfolio that showcases deep interaction and visual design skills.
• Passion for design; not satisfied with the status quo and always thinking of ways to improve
• Creative problem-solving skills
• Excellent documentation, presentation, and communication skills - you can clearly articulate your design vision and rationale through verbal and written explanation to any audience ranging from fellow designers to the leadership team.
Educative is a hands-on learning platform for software developers of all levels. We were founded by industry veterans who understand first-hand the problems developers face staying on the cutting edge of modern technology. Educative's interactive, text-based courses are built to teach you the skills employers are looking for. We provide tools like in-browser coding environments and interview-focused assessments to help you practice as you learn.
Educative is connecting millions of developers worldwide to become a developer, grow their skills, or prepare for an interview.
Our learners rely on us to create engaging courses to get better at their job, find a better job, or experience the joy of learning. With the courses that you create, learners can maximize their success.