Content SEO Writer
Are you a grammarian? Do you believe that great writing matters, and that great storytelling matters even more? Are you interested in applying your skills to craft informative, engaging content for a technical audience?
If you answered, “Yes,” then read on!
As a Content Writer at Educative, you will write, edit, and publish blogs, ebooks, white papers, and other long-form content to engage Educative’s growing community of software developers and engineering managers.
In this role, you will write. A lot. And in order to develop a working knowledge of the highly technical concepts you write about, you will do plenty of research to immerse yourself into the wide world of software development and engineering leadership.
As a foundational member of Educative’s content marketing team, you will hone your inbound marketing and content strategy skills, all while building a diverse portfolio of well-researched, highly technical writing.
Above all, you will thrive in this role if you are a passionate writer with a deep curiosity for technology and a desire to develop as a content marketer, technical writer, and storyteller.
About the Role
- In the role of Content Writer, you will:
- Write, edit, and publish blog posts, ebooks, white papers, and other long-form content to engage software developers and engineering managers.
- Brainstorm, research, and develop article topics that are highly relevant to Educative’s audience AND maximize organic traffic.
- Source and co-produce content with outside authors and subject matter experts from across the industry.
- Ghostwrite and edit content for engineering leaders.
- Learn and apply SEO best practices to ensure all content is keyword optimized and ranks highly on search engine results pages (SERPs).
- Stay up to date on trends in software development and engineering leadership, and become an in-house expert on Educative’s core customer personas.
- Conduct competitor analysis and keyword research to help Educative stay on the cutting edge of developer learning.
- Manage content initiatives from inception to execution—then monitor outcomes and iterate to improve.
- Contribute to and help maintain Educative’s content and editorial calendars.
- Promote diversity, inclusivity, and equity in the software engineering community through thoughtful, accessible, empathetic content
- 1-3 years professional writing experience.
- A writing-intensive academic background (e.g. B.A. in English or Journalism).
- Exceptional long-form writing and research skills (and samples to prove it)Ability to communicate complex, technical ideas in accessible, digestible ways.
- Experience creating content strategically for specific audiencesWorking understanding of SEO best practices.
- Meticulous eye for detail, comfortable editing the writing of others (and your own).
- Curious, growth-minded, eager to learn.
- Self-starter, takes ownership of projects.
- Passion for education, learning, teaching, mentoringInterested in the latest trends and developments in technology and software development.
- Computer programming experience (or familiarity with coding concepts) is a huge bonus.
Educative is a hands-on learning platform for software developers of all levels. We were founded by industry veterans who understand first-hand the problems developers face staying on the cutting edge of modern technology. Educative's interactive, text-based courses are built to teach you the skills employers are looking for. We provide tools like in-browser coding environments and interview-focused assessments to help you practice as you learn.
Educative is connecting millions of developers worldwide to become a developer, grow their skills, or prepare for an interview.
Our learners rely on us to create engaging courses to get better at their job, find a better job, or experience the joy of learning. With the courses that you create, learners can maximize their success.