User Research Lead
Do you want to help students all over the world fulfill their life-changing dreams?
Do you believe you can change a whole industry?
Do you believe businesses should be free to provide a great customer experience, regardless of their size?
If so – we might want to meet you.
Why we do what we do
At Edvisor we believe education is the single most life-changing aspect of our lives. That’s why we focus on helping international students discover, enroll and experience their education like it was never before possible. We do that by creating B2B and B2C tools that make studying overseas super easy.
Our products and services
Edvisor Recruit: we help education agents, discover, enroll and manage students in more than 100+ countries. We work with from the mom-and-pop shop to the big public-listed companies.
Edvisor Distribute: we make it easy for universities, schools, insurance, and accommodation providers - and more - to enroll students, discover their courses and services, and provide a great student experience with other productivity tools.
Edvisor Marketplace: we make it easy to buy the insurance and other products for agents, schools and students all across the globe.
What’s like working with us
We’re looking for a UX Research Lead to help us in our quest. Every day we wake up to find ways to move a whole industry forward. Thousands and thousands of small businesses rely on us, and they feel responsible for their success. We’re relentless in wanting to help them grow. But we can’t do it alone - it’s way too much for us. So we need some help.
There is no office, so you’ll be working virtually most of the time. You’ll have lots of flexibility and freedom with your schedule, so you can do other things your way, and the right way.
Our team is all over the globe (~70 people), from Canada to Australia, going through Brazil, Colombia, the US, Mexico, Europe, and more. You’ll meet and collaborate with people with different perspectives, upbrings, and cultures. And that’s what makes us strong.
We aim to be a product-driven company, with the best-in-class product, UX, and engineering teams. But we are not there yet, we are still at the beginning of this process, but we’re fully committed for the long term.
We actively try not to be a political organization, for that, we aim for transparency, candor, empathy, and care. We are all humans with feelings, goals, and shortcomings, and most importantly we are in this together.
Sometimes we move too fast for our own good, but we mean well, and we’ve accomplished a lot, but what really drives us is our great team dynamics, our vision, and challenges.
What you would help us with
- You will help us create a culture of user research, user empathy, and deep knowledge about our users and their needs;
- You will create, hire and mentor a team of UX Researchers;
- You will work with the Product team, the Head of Product Design, and other stakeholders to implement processes and best practices on UX Research;
- You will help Product Managers and Product Designers with research needs;
- You will help implement systems to collect, catalog, and manage user insights and research.
Some important skills to have
- You know how impactful user research is, and know how to work with stakeholders to implement systems that enable us to fully leverage great research;
- You know how to perform and coach great UX research;
- You know how to use UX Research tools and leverage them to generate fast, and quality insights;
- You know how to work with Product Managers and Product Design to run UX research and experiments.
Something looks off?