Director of Engineering
Do you want to help students all over the world fulfill their life-changing dreams?
Do you believe you can change a whole industry?
Do you believe businesses should be free to provide a great customer experience, regardless of their size?
If so – we want to meet you.
Why we do what we do
At Edvisor we believe education is the single most life-changing aspect of our lives. That’s why we focus on helping international students discover, enroll and experience their education like it was never before possible. We do that by creating B2B and B2C tools that make studying overseas super easy.
Our products and services
Edvisor Recruit: we help education agents, discover, enroll and manage students in more than 100+ countries. We work with from the mom-and-pop shop to the big public-listed companies.
Edvisor Distribute: we make it easy for universities, schools, insurance, and accommodation providers - and more - to enroll students, discover their courses and services, and provide a great student experience with other productivity tools.
Edvisor Marketplace: we make it easy to buy the insurance and other products for agents, schools and students all across the globe.
What’s like working with us
We’re looking for a Director of Engineering to help us in our quest. Every day we wake up to find ways to move a whole industry forward. Thousands and thousands of small businesses rely on us, and they feel responsible for their success. We’re relentless in wanting to help them grow. But we can’t do it alone - it’s way too much for us. So we need some help.
There is no office, so you’ll be working virtually most of the time. You’ll have lots of flexibility and freedom with your schedule, so you can do things your way, and the right way.
Our team is all over the globe (~70 people), with team members from Canada, USA, Brazil, Mexico, Australia, Taiwan, UK, Spain, Turkey, and more! You’ll meet and collaborate with people with different perspectives, up-bringings, and cultures. And that’s what makes us strong.
We aim to be a product-driven company, with the best-in-class product, UX, and engineering teams. But we are not there yet, we are still at the beginning of this process, but we’re fully committed for the long term.
We actively try not to be a political organization. Because of this, we aim for transparency, candor, empathy, and care. We are all humans with feelings, goals, and shortcomings, and most importantly we are in this together.
Sometimes we move too fast for our own good, but we mean well, and we’ve accomplished a lot, but what really drives us is our great team dynamics, our vision, and challenges.
We prefer to keep our technology stack simple and pragmatic. Our technology stack includes the following:
- Cloud hosting provided by AWS and GCP
- NodeJS with TypeScript
- React and VueJS
- MariaDB and MongoDB
What you would help us with
- You will help us build the greatest engineering team we can collectively imagine;
- You will work closely with the CTO, focusing on the leading the operations and execution side of the engineering team;
- You will make sure our business goals, customer goals, engineering goals, and vision are aligned on the short, medium, and long term;
- You will help in cultivating the full potential of our amazing team of engineers. Managing OKRs and growth plans will be key;
- You will identify which roles or specializations are missing from the team and hire the best team members for these roles;
- You will help define and drive the engineering culture;
- You will advocate for and execute on engineering initiatives that ultimately improve the output and collaboration of the engineering team;
Important skills to have
- You have proven and tested skills in leadership, team management, and team growth;
- You are battle-tested in growing, recruiting, and managing teams at scale;
- You have mastered translating technical needs into business and product priorities;
- You have multiple years of hands-on experience writing code, performing code reviews, and designing and architecting impactful features for customers;
- You are a whiz at balancing both speed and quality with regards to the output of the engineering team;
- You are a process nerd and love optimizing the KPIs of the engineering team through defining and managing processes;
- You have experience scaling product delivery to the moon;
- You love delivering high-quality and impactful features to customers;
Something looks off?