Senior C++ Engineer - Hanoi, Vietnam
EMOTIV is on a mission to vastly improve our understanding of the human brain and to develop a platform for researchers, developers, and consumers around the world to be part of a global innovation task force. EMOTIV leads the field of mobile EEG technology and our technology has been validated and included in over 4,000 publications. We believe in the power of the human brain and our ability to tap into its potential to open up new possibilities for improving performance, health and ultimately, preventing disease. We are combining machine learning and huge brain data sets to accelerate brain research globally and to make a long-term, positive impact on the world.
EMOTIV is currently seeking a highly skilled and experienced Senior C++ Engineer to join our team.
The candidate will be primarily responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining software solutions using C++ and the Qt framework. The successful candidate will also collaborate with cross-functional teams, including quality assurance and product management, to deliver high-quality software on schedule.
You will need to communicate directly with the client to understand the features required, then work out the set of functional requirements with the client and EMOTIV engineering teams. You also need to provide test plan specifications and work with clients through the analysis and design of the solution that is to be integrated with EMOTIV EEG headsets. The selected candidate must be an effective team player, promote a collaborative team culture, be able to lead other team members, and have a passion for building solutions that exceed in usability and performance while easy to be maintained.
- Design, develop, and deliver high-quality C++ applications using the Qt framework for desktop (Windows / macOS) and mobile platforms (iOS / Android).
- Collaborate effectively with team members to troubleshoot, debug, and optimize code.
- Participate in the full software development life cycle, including requirement analysis, design, development, testing, and maintenance.
- Provide technical guidance and support to junior team members.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to align solutions with business objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience working with C++ to build solid user-level applications.
- 2+ years of experience developing applications using Qt/QML
- Strong proficiency in OOP, including design patterns and optimization.
- Thorough understanding of cross-platform development.
- Familiarity with application packaging and deployment.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with a focus on efficient and performance-conscious programming.
- Understanding of Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Fluency in English, with excellent written and verbal communication skills, to liaise with international teams.
- Experience building cross-platform applications with the Qt library
- Experience in DevOps best practices and methodologies such as continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD), and related tools (e.g., Jenkins, Docker).
- Experience in automated testing strategies to ensure the quality of software releases.
- Prior experience with automated testing tools and frameworks would be a significant plus.
- Good knowledge of data security with encryption and token authentication.
- Familiarity with the AWS cloud platform.
CV send to Ms. Huyen: firstname.lastname@example.org