Senior Full-stack Engineer
We are a funded, early-stage start-up with high ambitions and a social mission at its core. At ETIQ we are developing a software solution to help identify and mitigate algorithmic bias. Whether it's in policing and sentencing, recruitment or financial products, people's lives are impacted by automated decisions on a daily basis. The algorithms that drive these automated decisions are often biased against certain demographic groups. At ETIQ, we want to help prevent and mitigate these biases so that technologies like ML and AI can help promote equal opportunity and not amplify inequality.
So far we have focused on our core technology and we are now building our full product offering and scaling our capacity. We are looking to fill our development team with proactive engineers that love to work across multiple technologies and whose impact will be visible from day one.
We are looking for a Senior Full-stack engineer to join us to build our debiasing platform. This role will see you working on all areas of the product architecture from database design and implementation to application architecture and delivery through to deployment. You will be supported by a mid-level software engineer and work closely with the data science team which builds the ML models at the core of the platform including AI researchers from Bath Uni and Edinburgh Uni.
This is a pivotal role which will allow the successful candidate to help define the technology, architecture and delivery of our product. To be considered for this role you should:
- Have a proven track record working as a senior engineer. Ideally, a minimum of 5 years in a senior developer position, delivering multiple projects end to end.
- Have a range of real-world experience across several technology stacks. We are using Python with a bit of C++ however, you should be comfortable with building and delivering solutions using the right technology to address the problem at hand.
- Have experience in developing integrations with third-party software through API’s and SDK’s.
- Be comfortable working on both traditional and web-based applications.
- Possess an in-depth understanding of various database technologies including traditional SQL and NoSql.
- Have worked with various cloud PaaS providers. Have experience with the setup, configuration and optimisation of a deployment architecture across multiple resources. You will also need to be able to work with related technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Remote work is a possibility, but we are looking for someone who is also UK based or who has UK work authorization
This will be a fast paced and challenging role. We will be working to tight deadlines in order to deliver our full MVP in a matter of months. It is key that you are an ambitious person who will thrive in leading the development of our core ML packages into a fully fledged product that will end up impacting millions of people’s lives for the better.
Culture & benefits
- We have a clear mission which helps drive our day to day decisions.
- There will be EMI based, stock options available which will vest over 4 years.
- We offer a competitive salary
- We are a female founded start-up and between the core team, we have 3 toddlers.
- We understand that results are much more important than facetime & our mission is key to who we are.