Scrum Master, Shopper Team
Scrum Master, Shopper Team
Canada / US - Remote
Who We Are:
With the rising cost of food and the challenges faced by our supply chain, Flashfood has become a staple in many North American families.
At Flashfood, we are on a mission to reduce the environmental impact of food waste and provide our communities with easier access to healthy, affordable food.
We are tackling this gigantic problem together, with a diverse team of people from all over the globe.
At Flashfood, we live by our nine culture boards. What are they, you ask? They are a set of principles and values that drive us to stay confident but humble, patient but persistent, united but able to challenge, and most of all, to create a safe space to be authentic and have fun. Our common goal and commitment to a sustainable future keep us motivated to push through all the challenges we face together.
We are purposeful about instilling inclusion into our company culture and are committed to building a blame-free culture where people have the ability to learn and grow. Our current team is over 51% women, and we’re proud to say over 47% female representation within leadership positions.
Who You Are:
You will be the Scrum Master for the Shopper team, helping them follow best practices and refine their processes as we continue to grow the app. You will work with software engineers, product designers, and product managers to ensure that sprint planning, sprint reviews, sprint retros, and daily stand-ups are effective and efficient, with the opportunity to introduce additional events as required.
You thrive on monitoring team progress in an Agile environment, and know how to coach teams to follow the Scrum framework, including using key Agile metrics to keep areas of improvement transparent to the team. You are disciplined and dedicated to Agile methods, and focussed on unblocking your team to ensure successful delivery of sprint goals. You will be fully supported by Engineering Managers and Product Managers.
What You Will Do:
This role gives you the opportunity to:
- Be a Scrum Master with our Shopper team and an exciting growth plan ahead;
- Make a real impact on the efficiency and effectiveness of our product development teams as we scale;
- Work with great people who are on a genuine mission to reduce food waste;
- Gain deep knowledge and insight within a difficult but rewarding problem space;
- Learn about sustainability and operational processes in the grocery industry;
- Make a genuinely positive impact on people’s lives in North America (and beyond!).
To be successful in this role:
- You know how to effectively run the standard Scrum events and the duration and frequency required for each in order to maintain sustainable team velocity;
- Experience setting up Scrum events and facilitating modifications to them with teams working in a fast-changing environment;
- Experience dealing with both product features and technical debt, and facilitating prioritization and commitment to of both types of work in sprint cycles;
- Ability to work with the Product Manager to ensure the team’s work aligns with business priorities;
- A learning mindset that leads you to constantly build your toolkit of techniques and understanding;
- Facilitate effective communication between team members and quickly address blockers;
- You understand ambiguity and the pace that comes with frequently changing priorities.
Nice To Have:
- Understanding of consumer app technology and products
- Knowledge of the North American grocery industry
- 3+ years of experience working in an Agile product development team.
- Competitive base salary
- Ownership via option grants
- Company-wide performance bonus
- Casual and remote-friendly work environment
- Flexible working hours
- Extra long weekends April to September
- Maternity & Parental leave top up plan
- Professional development opportunities
- Paid time off for volunteering
- Monthly Flashfood credits
The requirements listed in job descriptions are guidelines, not hard and fast rules. You don’t have to satisfy every requirement or meet every qualification listed. If your skills are transferable and you are in the ballpark with the number of years of experience Flashfood is looking for, apply. Applying gives you the opportunity to be considered.
Flashfood is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Please advise should you need any accommodation throughout the recruitment process. All your information will be treated confidentially.