UX/UI Product Designer
*UX/UI Product Designer *
Floodlight is a data and information platform that helps Registered Investment Advisors, Asset Managers and Individuals make informed investment decisions that align wealth with values.
We are a small and growing team committed to bringing trust and transparency to the financial system.
What we're looking for:
We are looking for an Experience Designer to bring our vision to market. Our product designers are able to take a product, feature, or experience from ideation to production. This includes ethnographic research, vision setting, designing solutions, prototyping, bringing along cross-functional teams, and guiding implementation. This is a contract to hire role.
What you'll do:
- Own design projects from concept through launch and growth
- Be the voice of our users. Understand our users' behaviors through quantitative and qualitative data and develop hypotheses and design experiments to validate them.
- Work closely with product and engineering to find elegant solutions to design challenges.
- Produce high-fidelity designs and experiences; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes.
- Build and evolve our information architecture
- Own the design system for our web and eventually mobile applications
- Contribute your design thinking skills to other functions (growth, success, operations, etc.)
- Create strategies for lead generation growth to A/B test
- Design templates for email drip campaigns
- Experience in a fast-paced tech or agency. Early-stage startup and fintech experience are preferred
- High standard of creativity, craft, and quality, along with a portfolio that demonstrates problem-solving across mobile and web (please share)
- Able to organize and communicate your thoughts to teammates and across the organization.
- Able to manage a project autonomously
- Technical understanding to evaluate design solutions and provide guidance to engineering
- Experience building and maintaining design systems. Experience with atomic design systems as a plus (potentially to teach UI designers and FE engineers, if possible)
- Experience with the latest design tools, specifically Figma
Note: Along with your resume, please include a link to your online portfolio (or to a PDF of your work). Applications without a portfolio are unlikely to be considered.