Today, 83% of the flowers that we buy are shipped from megafarms and high volume importers over multi-day journeys from thousands of miles away. We pay for this long journey, making flowers expensive, difficult to regulate, and unsustainable. Flower businesses, customers, and the planet bear a heavy cost.
But, flowers already grow on farms all around the world. With re-structured and more accessible systems, we can enable better flowers, better businesses, and a better system for our world. Gather Flora is building this future. We are a tech-led B2B marketplace which builds the tools, facilitates the relationships + access + infrastructure to enable all sizes of local and domestic farms to sell directly into their marketplace. We are a team that reimagines and builds the future. We hold ourselves to the highest standards of innovation, accountability, value, teamwork, and customer service.
This is a full-time on-site Team Lead role located in Los Angeles, CA. The Team Lead will be responsible for managing and leading a team of employees, fostering a positive and productive environment, ensuring that team goals are met, and maintaining the quality of products and services. We are interviewing now, but the target beginning date is Feb 1st, 2024.
- Lead achievement of revenue, financial, operational, and customer service targets.
- Manage a high-performing team to meet goals and implement systems and services flawlessly.
- Drive outstanding operations, customer service, and stress-free provision of incredible flowers.
- Represent and communicate Gather Flora’s values, mission, quality, and service to our community.
- Serve as the backstop of support and execution for your location.
Team Leadership and Management:
- 1+ years of management experience in wholesale or retail store environments with prior experience managing or working in both front and back of house.
- Actively take part in all aspects of HR including interviewing, completing new-hire paperwork, creating schedules, maintaining safety, reviewing payroll, and managing conflict. Follow and enforce protocols to ensure risk management and safety.
- Implement and validate staff training. Training areas include sales, merchandising, daily task list, customer service and flow, and product training. Validate training through a variety of methods including active role-playing, secret shop reviews, and direct observation. Run quarterly performance and skills development reviews for each team member
- Bring your creative, examined point of view to weekly and quarterly strategic & operational meetings.
- Foster an inclusive showroom culture and workplace.
- Liaise between customers, employees, and HQ, sharing feedback and new ideas.
- Maintain healthy, long-term business relationships, building scalable process for routine needs.
- Set and uphold service guidelines and standards to achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Resolve escalated customer issues and complaints effectively and in a timely manner.
- Optimize assortment, volume, and pricing, balancing vendor value against buyer value and waste.
- Monitor, manage, and report on seasonal trends and customer demand across the market with respect to demand, product, price, and merchandising.
- Lead quality control ranging from staff product handling and in-stall presentation and merchandising to counseling farms on any quality issues and product standards
Customer Experience and Sales:
- Lead the visual merchandising strategy and vision, presenting our product in an inspiring and brand-aligned style from accessibility to lighting to cleanliness to sorting.
- Actively work the floor, setting an example as one of the top 2 sales people.
- Generate ideas to reinvigorate and strengthen our customer experience and sales results.
- Consistently execute Standard Operating Procedures, proposing improvements on them to improve efficiency, optimize quality, returns, and service - from reports to data entry to order sorting.
- Lead implementation and iteration on team strategy in coordination with the Sales Manager.
- Monitor store supplies and order or purchase additional supplies in anticipation of arising need.
- Oversee the maintenance of (Square) POS system & Consignment Records
- Embody curiosity and willingness to question how things are done and propose refinements.
- Oversee market logistics from cashbox management to legal compliance
Reporting and Analysis:
- Responsible for preparing to sell incoming product twice per week.
- Responsible for completing sales reports at least once per week.
- Analyze sales and incoming product data to identify trends and opportunities, and provide insights to senior management.
- Participate in the annual budgeting and assortment strategy processes.
- Ideal applicants will have:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Operations, related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years experience working in the flower industry or related industry to maintain the quality of products
- Excellent communication skills to interact effectively with team members, clients, vendors and other stakeholders.
- Experience with inventory management and logistics.
- Time management and organizational skills to prioritize tasks and ensure that team goals are met.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including very very early mornings, holidays and weekend shifts.
- Ability to inspire team by promoting our vision and purpose compellingly.
- Working proficiency in Spanish.