West Coast Territory Manager
Today, 83% of the flowers that we buy are shipped from megafarms and high volume importers over multi-day journeys from thousands of miles away. We pay for this long journey, making flowers expensive, difficult to regulate, and unsustainable. Flower businesses, customers, and the planet bear a heavy cost. Flowers already grow on farms all around the world. With re-structured systems more accessible systems to nearby farms, we can enable better flowers, better businesses, and a better world.
Gather Flora is building this future. We are a tech-led B2B marketplace which builds the tools, facilitates the relationships + access + infrastructure to enable all sizes of local and domestic farms to sell directly into their marketplace. We are a team that reimagines and builds the future. We hold ourselves to the highest standards of innovation, accountability, value, teamwork, and customer service.
Regional Sales Manager is a high-impact, high-visibilityfull time remote role at Gather Flora. This role interacts frequently with both HQ and on-the-ground teams. You will be the one person ultimately accountable for leading our showrooms to hit their financial, web volume, and customer experience goals. You will identify leads, managing and developing relationships, generate sales initiatives, and lead the teams to meet sales targets.
Goals for our the role:
- Generate and ship sales initiatives for 2 sides of our marketplace.
- Drive showroom team performance. Direct implementation and tight iteratation on strategy and procedures to meet regional revenue, financial, and customer service targets.
- Be a true owner: bring ideas and customers to the table that translate to ecommerce initiatives and sales playbooks flawlessly.
- Analyze and adapt to micro and macro economic trends & industry best practices to identify opportunities, tune strategy, and capture demand, which you will capture in a quarterly report.
- Routinely scale up your impact leveraging technology, systems and processes, and delegation.
- Motivate, support, and lead your team to achieve their goals.
Team Leadership and Management:
- 3+ years of sales management experience in wholesale or retail store environments (including interviewing / recruiting, training, coaching).
- Strong mix of customer-facing, vendor-facing, and strategic leadership capabilities.
- Build, maintain, & foster an engaged, effective team through recruitment, onboarding, and effective training and incentivization programs.
- Leveraging Asana, conduct a bi-weekly sales leadership meeting with team leads to review the past 2 weeks performance against input KPIs and output goals as well as plan for future weeks.
- Lead quarterly performance and development reviews.
- Collaborate with company leadership on upcoming quarterly goals and roadmaps.
Vendor Relationships and Inventory Management:
- Find, secure, grow, and maintain strong relationships with floral suppliers and 3PLs to ensure a consistent supply of high-quality products. Run negotiations, driving favorable long-term outcomes, for joint approval.
- Write SQL, Excel, and Sheets queries and formulas, to report on performance, detect trends, and identify opportunities and gaps.
- Discover & analyze trends from social media, industry networks discovery platforms, and macro industry trends to inform merchandising.
- Oversee quality, operations, and assortment programming.
- Implement cross-season planning to source incredible product from local, seasonal farms with due lead time and feedback
- Maintain obsessively high standards of customer service in all locations by setting and upholding service guidelines, standards, and processes.
- Resolve escalated customer issues and complaints effectively and in a timely manner.
- Maintain regular communications across wide swath of customers to optimize feedback and insight into the customer experience.
- Generate leads, maintain a sales pipeline, and close deals.
- Direct and maintain clear and organized CRM.
- Capture and lead analysis metrics around the marketing funnel, qualification pipeline, conversion rate, and time of sales scycle,
- Oversee operational efficiency by building and leading teams to hit operational margins and budgets.
- Work with HQ and on-the-ground teams to support efficient, best-case financial and operational outcomes.
- Monitor and manage store budgets, including expenses related to labor, inventory, and marketing.
Reporting and Analysis:
- Conduct routine audits of sales performance, inventory levels, and other key metrics.
- Generate monthly reports for leadership identifying challenges, blockers, trends and opportunities. Propose projects and solutions.
- Collaborate with central teams on new strategies to drive revenue.
Ideal applicants will have:
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Sales, Marketing, Communications, or equivalence in related work experience
- 3+ years of management experience
- 3+ years of botanical experience
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales goals
- Proximity to San Francisco or Los Angeles
- Drive to creatively problem-solve within constraints, and the motivation to continually improve approach, knowledge, systems, and process.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel occasionally to San Francisco and Los Angeles for team coordintion
- Ability to drive for sales calls to customer locations
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, holidays and weekend shifts
- Working proficiency in Spanish
- Existing logistics, sales, and agricultural relationships in the region