Senior Customer Success Manager
Getro is looking for a Senior Customer Success Manager to be an owner of day to day relationships with our customers and help our customers achieve their desired outcomes with our products. Additionally this role will be an owner of key CS projects such as helping build a customer community, hosting webinars, and optimizing CS tooling. This role will report to our Head of Customer Success and Experience.
Getro is on a mission to become the platform of choice for making professional introductions by combining technology and human empathy.
We have two products:
- GetroJobs, which automatically aggregates jobs across a network of companies;
- GetroConnect, which allows talent (active and passive job seekers) and companies to connect with one another, facilitating introductions and referrals within networks.
If you’ve ever hired or been hired through a referral, you’ve seen how powerful the right introduction can be. That’s the power of Getro.
You, as an expert:
- Have 5+ years of direct experience in customer success in a remote environment. We’re specifically looking for:
- Prior experience owning a book of business at an early stage B2B SaaS company and / or
- Experience working with Venture Capital firms
- Have effective project management skills with a proven record of working successfully on multiple projects simultaneously. We need someone who can balance customer needs in tandem with their whole workload and know when to ask for help.
- Are an excellent communicator (verbal and written) - communicating clearly to customers is key to success in this role and as a remote team, most of our internal communication is written.
- Have experience managing contract renewals including pricing negotiations and forecasting churn risk based on client engagement and overall account health.
- Are confident delivering information to customers and advocating for them internally while also being an excellent listener that can hear a customer issue and understand the root of their problem. You show good judgment navigating these situations.
- Have sharp interviewing and information gathering skills with experience creating and delivering presentations to customers and cross-functional, internal stakeholders.
- Have experience working closely with product teams to represent the voice of the customer and facilitate discovery work .
- Understand and have used our tech stack or similar products: Freshdesk, Vitally, Chargebee, Hubspot, Google Analytics, Jira
You, as a person:
- Are proactive and performance-driven. You make things happen.
- Are extremely resourceful and comfortable with ambiguity.
- Thrive in an environment focused on building and articulating successful client outcomes while driving company revenue
- Practice committed ownership:
- You own your projects from beginning to end
- You ask for buy-in to make better decisions, but aren’t paralyzed without it
- When things go wrong, you accept accountability for your part without blaming others
- You share learnings openly
- Are a team player with a high level of integrity and desire to assist your team and customers.
- Are a proactive communicator.
- Live between the PST and EST time zones.
A Week in the Life of A Senior Customer Success Manager:
- Diagnosing trends in product adoption for your assigned customers and building a one:many motion to help drive customer awareness and usage of a particular feature
- Actively managing and setting priorities across the book of business you own.
- Running set up and renewal projects across the customers you own.
- Navigating a tough conversation where a customer wants to churn. Maybe you’re successful, maybe you’re not, but you openly share your learnings with the team afterwards.
- Helping a customer who is struggling with our Self Serve Setup Portal on a video call to problem solve..
- Collaborating with the sales team to identify areas of improvement in the handoff between sales and CSX.
- Writing a piece of content for our customer newsletter.
- Running metrics and developing strategies on how you can improve engagement and satisfaction for the book of business you own.
- Identifying upsell opportunities across your book of business.
- Participating e in our Growth Scrum - collaborating on the hottest issues impacting the wider team.
- Collecting and categorizing customer feedback to relay with product and growth teams.
- Troubleshooting bugs and helping draft clear examples and explanations for engineers and our data operations team.
- 100% remote, 100% flexible: We trust each member of our team to work when they wish, and from a location they choose (between the PST and CET time zones). We believe in working smarter, not harder - we don't value presenteeism.
- Salary: $85,500 - 107,250
- Why the range? We decide salaries based on the cost of living where you're based
- $200 / month cash coworking stipend
- Generous Employee Stock Options with an attractive strike price
- Unique culture: we’re humans first and believe that work is more fulfilling when we can show our full selves to the people we work with.
- Work alongside a diverse, fully distributed team of 21 core members from 7+ countries
- Make an impact: help shape the path of an early-stage team
We help 750+ independent professional networks — including venture capital funds (Lerer Hippeau), accelerators (Techstars), membership communities (Chic Geek), economic development organizations (Launch Tennessee), universities (University of Toronto), and more — make better introductions for their member and measure the outcomes of their intros.
- Techstars 2017 graduates
- Our co-founders have been working together in the recruiting space for the last 10 years and are multi-time founders
- Remote-first company, from 2018 (before covid)
- 21 team members across 7+ countries (Hear from Ted & meet Thomas from our team)
- As a fully remote company, we don't have offices, but we do get together virtually and in-person for Summits (Germany, Cape Town, San Fran, Portugal...)
How we work:
We're ambitious but realistic - we know anything worth doing takes time. We trust each member of our team to work when they wish, and from a location they choose. We believe in working smarter, not harder - we don't value presenteeism and we're not impressed by long working hours. Above all, we value the contribution of each individual and take seriously our responsibility to enable you to work on things you love. These aren't just words - they're part of everything we do, including how we design our products.
One last thing:
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Getro we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.