Head of Product Design
GlossGenius is building an ecosystem enabling entrepreneurs to succeed. We empower small business owners to focus on being creators, not admins, by offering a range of business management tools including booking and scheduling, marketing, analytics, payment processing and much more.
Tens of thousands of small business owners have chosen to rely on GlossGenius every day to run their entire set of business operations. With its powerful, intuitive platform, GlossGenius is some part a fintech company, some part an SMB software company, while its vibrant, distinguished brand makes it some part a consumer company.
About the Role
As the Head of Product Design, you will be the founding member of the team and will play an integral part in scaling the Product Design team at GlossGenius. You’ll operate in a player-coach capacity, leading hands-on design work while working to build a world-class team of product designers. Partnering closely with Product Management and Engineering, you will play a critical role defining both the product and the business strategy at one of the fastest growing SaaS products, helping small business owners succeed as you create a world-class user experience for our customers and their clients.
What You’ll Do
- Help scale the foundational Product Design team by hiring and mentoring a team of designers
- Establish best practices and develop repeatable, scalable mechanisms enabling the team to do their best work
- Champion and cultivate a culture of user-centered design through every touchpoint in the customer journey
- Own the end-to-end process for solving UX/UI design problems: ideate, conceptualize, test, and refine
- Construct user flows, wireframes, and prototypes that effectively communicate design concepts
- Lead user interviews to better understand customer needs to help inform the product design strategy
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams of product managers, software and QA engineers, customer success managers, and marketers to design intuitive and engaging user experiences for GlossGenius' customers
What We’re Looking For
- 8+ years of experience in a Product Design / UX / UI or related role, with 3+ years in a management/mentorship role
- Demonstrated experience with sketching, wireframes, visual design, and prototyping for product experiences
- You have experience with advanced prototyping tools (e.g. Principle, Framer, Sketch, Figma, InVision)
- Passion for empowering small business owners to be successful; possess a high level of empathy our customers and a strong desire to deeply understand their needs
Benefits & Perks
- Flexible PTO
- Competitive health & dental insurance options, with premiums covered by GG
- Generous, fully-paid parental leave policy
- Professional Development - employees receive a yearly stipend for approved learning and educational-related expenses
- One-time home office stipend
- Team Bonding opportunities - annual company retreat for entire team, plus virtual events throughout the year
In order to enter the NY office or participate in any in-person events, all employees must show proof of vaccination against COVID-19. For those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated, GlossGenius will engage in an interactive process to determine a reasonable accommodation.
At GlossGenius, we celebrate our differences and are committed to creating a workplace where all employees feel supported and empowered to do their best work. We believe this benefits not only our employees but our product, customers, and community as well. GlossGenius is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Something looks off?