Staff Software Engineer, Platform
GlossGenius is building an ecosystem enabling entrepreneurs to succeed. We empower small business owners to focus on being creators, not admins, by offering a range of business management tools including booking and scheduling, marketing, analytics, payment processing and much more.
Tens of thousands of small business owners have chosen to rely on GlossGenius every day to run their entire set of business operations. With its powerful, intuitive platform, GlossGenius is some part a fintech company, some part an SMB software company, while its vibrant, distinguished brand makes it some part a consumer company.
About the Role
In this staff-level role, you'll have the opportunity to join GlossGenius as an early member of the Production Engineering team. You'll be meeting a distinct technical leadership need and will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining a scalable and reliable traffic delivery infrastructure for GlossGenius’ product portfolio.
What You’ll Do
- Working with Product and Engineering peers to build an infrastructure platform that is reliable, scalable, secure and reduces manual toil
- Help GlossGenius scale its AWS footprint, contributing to the technical direction and helping to provide mentorship to other members of the team
- Coach and mentor junior engineers in your areas of expertise
- Understand industry and company-wide trends to help assess and develop new technologies
- Collaborate with the broader engineering team to ensure optimal application performance and scalability to build highly resilient systems
- Build a networking infrastructure to support product expansion with world-class security, performance and maintainability
- Own problems from end to end, managing complexity and engaging directly with stakeholders to think through everything from business impact, to reliability and operability, to security; always approaching situations with a bias to action
What We’re Looking For
- 6+ years of experience working with cloud technologies in Production Engineer, Cloud Engineer, Site Reliability Engineer, or DevOps equivalent roles
- Demonstrated experience working with cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc), having designed, built, and maintained cloud platforms that run highly reliable, web-facing services
- Demonstrated experience with infrastructure-as-code principles and development
- Knowledge of IP networking, DNS, CDN, load balancing, HTTP, and firewalls
- Experience building and maintaining cloud-first monitoring, logging, and alerting infrastructure that support 24/7 enterprise platforms
- Participating in on-call rotations
- Experience with container technology using Docker and Kubernetes
- The ability to write high quality code in a high level programming language (e.g. Typescript, Ruby, Python)
- You prefer taking projects from start to finish and are outcome oriented
Benefits & Perks
- Flexible PTO
- Competitive health & dental insurance options, with premiums partially covered by GG
- Fertility and adoption benefits via Carrot and Kindbody
- Generous, fully-paid parental leave policy
- 401k benefit - employees are eligible to contribute starting day 1 of employment
- Professional Development - employees receive a yearly stipend for approved learning and educational-related expenses
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Dependent Care FSA
- Home office stipend
- Team Bonding opportunities - annual company retreat for entire team, plus virtual events throughout the year
The starting base salary for this role in New York, California, and Washington is between $198,000-$272,250 + target equity + benefits. The base salary offered is dependent upon many factors including skills, experience, location, and education. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
Additionally, this role is currently eligible to participate in GlossGenius’s equity plan as well as a range of health & wellbeing, retirement savings, and other benefits within our total rewards offering.
In order to enter the NY office or participate in any in-person events, all employees must show proof of vaccination against COVID-19. For those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated, GlossGenius will engage in an interactive process to determine a reasonable accommodation.
At GlossGenius, we celebrate our differences and are committed to creating a workplace where all employees feel supported and empowered to do their best work. We believe this benefits not only our employees but our product, customers, and community as well. GlossGenius is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Something looks off?