Executive Assistant to the CEO & Founder
GlossGenius is building an ecosystem enabling entrepreneurs to succeed. We empower small business owners to focus on being creators, not admins, by offering a range of business management tools including booking and scheduling, marketing, analytics, payment processing and much more.
Tens of thousands of small business owners have chosen to rely on GlossGenius every day to run their entire set of business operations. With its powerful, intuitive platform, GlossGenius is some part a fintech company, some part an SMB software company, while its vibrant, distinguished brand makes it some part a consumer company.
About the role
GlossGenius is seeking a highly motivated Executive Assistant to work directly with the CEO so she is able to focus on the most important projects for growing our business. You won't just execute on scheduling, you'll help spot inefficiencies in how the Office of the CEO operates and implement processes and systems to fix them. You'll be a key point of contact for internal and external stakeholders. You'll get your hands dirty in a lot of different areas of a quickly scaling business.
This role is expected to be in the New York office on an as needed basis but on average two times per week.
What You’ll Do
- Full calendar and scheduling support for GlossGenius' CEO, including internal and external meetings. You will build and follow strong calendar prioritization principles to help determine the most efficient use of time.
- Occasional personal scheduling requests such as appointment and reservation scheduling, as well as travel booking.
- Taking notes and tracking to-dos, both from meetings and requests that come in via email and Slack,
- Helping ensure executives' time spend is aligned with company priorities.
- Planning company events and managing high priority meetings, including board meetings.
- Office management tasks, including coordinating in-office events, managing catering, ordering supplies, and liaising with relevant contractors and stakeholders.
What We’re Looking for
- You have 5+ years of experience supporting senior executive leaders; including some startup experience, and a bachelor's degree.
- You are highly organized and detail-oriented — you don't just care about the little things, you obsess over them. You notice when something isn't quite right and you take initiative to fix it.
- You love making someone's world run smoothly.
- You're a professional, collaborative, and effective communicator, both verbally and in writing.
- You're an exceptional owner — you see a problem, you solve it.
- You love working with people! You have high EQ and can balance holding people accountable while maintaining a good rapport with them. You're comfortable standing up to senior leaders to protect your executive's time.
- You thrive in ambiguous, fast-paced environments. You make order out of chaos.
- You have excellent professional discretion and are comfortable handling sensitive and confidential information.
Benefits & Perks
- Flexible PTO
- Competitive health & dental insurance options, with premiums partially covered by GG
- Fertility and adoption benefits via Carrot and Kindbody
- Generous, fully-paid parental leave policy
- 401k benefit - employees are eligible to contribute starting day 1 of employment
- Professional Development - employees receive a yearly stipend for approved learning and educational-related expenses
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Dependent Care FSA
- Home office stipend
- Team Bonding opportunities - annual company retreat for entire team, plus virtual events throughout the year
The starting base salary for this role in NYC is between $90,000-$140,000 + target equity + benefits. The base salary offered is dependent upon many factors including skills, experience, location, and education. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
Additionally, this role is currently eligible to participate in GlossGenius’s equity plan as well as a range of health & wellbeing, retirement savings, and other benefits within our total rewards offering.
In order to enter the NY office or participate in any in-person events, all employees must show proof of vaccination against COVID-19. For those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated, GlossGenius will engage in an interactive process to determine a reasonable accommodation.
At GlossGenius, we celebrate our differences and are committed to creating a workplace where all employees feel supported and empowered to do their best work. We believe this benefits not only our employees but our product, customers, and community as well. GlossGenius is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.