Director, Product Management
GlossGenius is building an ecosystem enabling entrepreneurs to realize their unique dreams. We empower small business owners to focus on being creators, not admins, by offering a range of business management tools including booking and scheduling, marketing, analytics, payment processing and much more.
Tens of thousands of small business owners have chosen to rely on GlossGenius every day to run their entire set of business operations. With its powerful, intuitive platform, GlossGenius is some part a fintech company, some part an SMB software company, while its vibrant, distinguished brand makes it some part a consumer company.
About the Role
GlossGenius is looking for a Director of Product Management to lead our Core product pillars, including our booking management and payment and financial processing systems. In this role, you’ll be responsible for developing the strategic vision and overseeing the development of innovative solutions that delight our customers and enable our users to achieve their business goals. In this role, you’ll work closely with the Product, Design, and Engineering leadership teams to bring our product vision to life, and you will manage and coach a team of Product Managers while also being responsible for delivering high-impact features.
You will report to the VP, Product and can be based in our NYC office or work remotely anywhere in the continental United States.
What You’ll Do
- Define the overall product vision, roadmaps, and feature prioritization for our core products including our booking and payments and financial management systems
- Champion user needs and use both qualitative and quantitative data to make quick, high-quality product decisions
- Develop and lead a high-performing team of product managers, providing coaching and mentorship to support their professional growth
- Define and track key performance indicators (KPI's) to measure the success and make thoughtful business decisions to optimize product performance
- Lead cross-functional product initiatives with other areas of the business including engineering, Design, Marketing and Customer Experience to ensure alignment on product priorities and successful product launches
- Pioneer new initiatives that will help improve operational efficiency and move the needle on key business metrics
What We’re Looking For
- 8+ years of experience in product-related roles; at least 3 years of people management experience
- Highly business-oriented: your work is associated with core revenue and strategic metrics on a multi-quarter horizon
- Strong analytical mindset and ability to do deep analysis on user intent and behavior; ability to combine quantitative and qualitative analyses to drive business decisions
- Demonstrated experience in leading the development of products and features from inception to launch
- Technical fluency; ability to comfortably discuss technical concepts with engineering counterparts
Benefits & Perks
- Flexible PTO
- Competitive health & dental insurance options, with premiums partially covered by GG
- Fertility and adoption benefits via Carrot and Kindbody
- Generous, fully-paid parental leave policy
- 401k benefit - employees are eligible to contribute starting day 1 of employment
- Professional Development - employees receive a yearly stipend for approved learning and educational-related expenses
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Dependent Care FSA
- Home office stipend
- Team Bonding: As a distributed team, being able to build meaningful bonds both virtually and in person is incredibly important to us! We are constantly evaluating how we accomplish this and currently, teams are given opportunities to gather in person throughout the year.
The starting base salary for this role in New York, California, and Washington is between $200,000-$245,000 + target equity + benefits. The base salary offered is dependent upon many factors including skills, experience, location, and education. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
Additionally, this role is currently eligible to participate in GlossGenius’s equity plan as well as a range of health & wellbeing, retirement savings, and other benefits within our total rewards offering.
In order to enter the NY office or participate in any in-person events, all employees must show proof of vaccination against COVID-19. For those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated, GlossGenius will engage in an interactive process to determine a reasonable accommodation.
At GlossGenius, we celebrate our differences and are committed to creating a workplace where all employees feel supported and empowered to do their best work. We believe this benefits not only our employees but our product, customers, and community as well. GlossGenius is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.