Senior Visual Designer
GlossGenius is building an ecosystem enabling entrepreneurs to realize their unique dreams. We empower small business owners to focus on being creators, not admins, by offering a range of business management tools including booking and scheduling, marketing, analytics, payment processing and much more.
Tens of thousands of small business owners have chosen to rely on GlossGenius every day to run their entire set of business operations. With its powerful, intuitive platform, GlossGenius is some part a fintech company, some part an SMB software company, while its vibrant, distinguished brand makes it some part a consumer company.
About the Role
As an early member of the GlossGenius Creative team, you will play a strategic role in redefining our brand strategy as we become a leading player in the beauty and wellness industry. You will be responsible for developing creative content that brings the GlossGenius brand to life across a diverse set of channels, including web and marketing. You will work cross-functionally to translate business objectives into creative strategies and generate ideas for new, innovative initiatives, performance campaigns, brand campaigns, and programs for our growing customer base.
You’ll report to the Head of Design and can work from our NYC office or work remotely from anywhere in the continental United States.
What You’ll Do
- Uplevel our brand by combining aesthetics from the tech and the beauty worlds
- Design a variety of assets including marketing content, web products, and oversee the evolution of our card reader’s visual strategy
- Partner with Product Design to build and maintain a cohesive design experience
- Build a coherent cross-platform design system; develop and maintain comprehensive design guidelines
- Deliver inspiring, provocative, and disruptive designs
- Produce a range of creative assets, knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes
What We’re Looking for
- 6+ years of professional brand design/visual design experience; ideally a mix of agency and in-house roles
- An impeccable eye for design and a desire to push beyond the status quo while ensuring a quality, cutting-edge, final product
- A strong portfolio demonstrating impeccable craft
- Experience designing across disciplines inclusive of web, marketing and print
- Experience building identity systems or evolving brand guidelines to adapt them to multiple touchpoints or channels
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite and Figma
- Art direction experience preferred
Benefits & Perks
- Flexible PTO
- Competitive health & dental insurance options, with premiums partially covered by GG
- Fertility and adoption benefits via Carrot and Kindbody
- Generous, fully-paid parental leave policy
- 401k benefit - employees are eligible to contribute starting day 1 of employment
- Professional Development - employees receive a yearly stipend for approved learning and educational-related expenses
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Dependent Care FSA
- Home office stipend
- Team Bonding: As a distributed team, being able to build meaningful bonds both virtually and in person is incredibly important to us! We are constantly evaluating how we accomplish this and currently, teams are given opportunities to gather in person throughout the year.
The starting base salary for this role in New York, California, and Washington is between $135,000-$180,000 + target equity + benefits. The base salary offered is dependent upon many factors including skills, experience, location, and education. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
Additionally, this role is currently eligible to participate in GlossGenius’s equity plan as well as a range of health & wellbeing, retirement savings, and other benefits within our total rewards offering.
In order to enter the NY office or participate in any in-person events, all employees must show proof of vaccination against COVID-19. For those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated, GlossGenius will engage in an interactive process to determine a reasonable accommodation.
At GlossGenius, we celebrate our differences and are committed to creating a workplace where all employees feel supported and empowered to do their best work. We believe this benefits not only our employees but our product, customers, and community as well. GlossGenius is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.