Senior Engineering Manager, Payments Platform
GlossGenius is building an ecosystem enabling entrepreneurs to succeed. We empower small business owners to focus on being creators, not admins, by offering a range of business management tools, including booking and scheduling, marketing, analytics, payment processing and much more.
Over 65,000 small business owners have chosen to rely on GlossGenius every day to run their entire set of business operations. Joining its powerful, intuitive platform with its vibrant, distinguished brand, GlossGenius is the ideal combination of a fintech, SMB software, and consumer company all in one.
About the Role
In this role, you’ll be responsible for growing, managing, and mentoring a team of engineers focused on building a payments platform from 0 to 1. Payments sit at the heart of our business and our customers’ businesses; our payments platform will serve as a critical service that our next generation of payment products will be built on.
As an engineering leader, you will partner closely with both product and engineering leadership in building your team’s roadmap, prioritization, and setting a long-term technical vision. You will help to drive both technical and people-focused initiatives in addition to building a highly performant team.
You will report to the Director of Engineering, Core Products and can be based remotely anywhere in the US or Canada, or in our NYC Office.
What You’ll Do
- Be responsible for managing and growing a team of engineers; you can view your team holistically and understand how to best utilize their skill sets, empowering them to deliver on their day-to-day engineering responsibilities as well as their long term career aspirations. When needed, be able to evolve team structure to align with long-term initiatives.
- Collaborate closely with product/program managers and other cross-functional teams to establish the long-term technical/product vision and the smaller steps needed to get there.
- Prioritize, plan, and ensure alignment across your team and other cross-functional product engineering teams to execute on key initiatives and drive business impact.
- Build relationships within the organization and adjacent teams. Make good judgments and establish credibility.
- Manage technical debt and strike the right balance between speed and quality. Ensure high SLAs across owned services. Implement new and effective engineering processes that maximize engineering efficiency.
- Partner with recruiting to build a high-performing engineering team, you understand how to attract and retain world-class, staff+ level talent.
What We’re Looking For
- 7+ years of software engineering experience with 4+ years of experience as a people manager
- Existing experience building and running payment-related platforms or demonstrating the ability to learn quickly with experience in a payments-adjacent space
- Proven ability to collaborate with product/program managers and peer engineering managers to build plans, set expectations, and successfully deliver new 0 to 1 solutions
- A strong business acumen and customer-centric mindset
- Sound technical foundations: while this is not a hands-on coding role, you should still show sound foundational system design knowledge and be able to guide a team through a technical discussion
- Ability to recruit and build high-performing teams to build the platform to enable the next generation of GlossGenius products!
Benefits & Perks
- Flexible PTO
- Competitive health & dental insurance options, with premiums partially covered by GG
- Fertility and adoption benefits via Carrot and Kindbody
- Generous, fully-paid parental leave policy
- 401k benefit - employees are eligible to contribute starting day 1 of employment
- Professional Development - employees receive a yearly stipend for approved learning and educational-related expenses
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Dependent Care FSA
- Home office support
- Team Bonding opportunities - annual company retreat for entire team, plus virtual events throughout the year
The starting base salary for this role in New York, California, and Washington is between $220,000-$260,000 + target equity + benefits. The base salary offered is dependent upon many factors including skills, experience, location, and education. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
At GlossGenius, we celebrate our differences and are committed to creating a workplace where all employees feel supported and empowered to do their best work. We believe this benefits not only our employees but our product, customers, and community as well. GlossGenius is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.