Lead Footwear Engineer
As a Lead Footwear Engineer, we are looking for someone to manage the technical development of product creation, from advanced concepting to in-line product. This will involve both a deep-rooted knowledge of footwear engineering as well as a familiarity with materials and advanced technology, including 3D design tools and additive manufacturing.
Day to day responsibilities will include technical engineering, last making and/or corrections, pattern engineering, material testing, grading, prototype development, and advanced concept development. You will work closely with the Director of Product, Digital Design team and Director of Manufacturing Ops. This position reports directly to the Director of Product.
- Develops, tests, and iterates new forms of shoemaking specifically adapted to digital manufacturing, with a focus on novel assembly methods.
- Translates design concepts to technical designs for the digital design team, engineering the product to meet aesthetic, performance, ease of assembly, and cost targets.
- Oversees last library development, last corrections, and last grading.
- Engineers and grades patterns.
- Defines product corrections and implements technical changes.
- Assists in sourcing, testing, and validating materials.
Ideal candidate will have:
• Progressive experience in developing, grading, and manufacturing footwear (a mix of both athletic and fashion styles as well as floor manufacturing experience a plus).
• Comprehensive knowledge of footwear construction and materials, including but not limited to 3D PLA printing, leather, bio-materials, fabrics, TPU and other polymers.
• Knowledge of latest technologies in footwear engineering and manufacturing.
This is a full-time in-person role in Portland, Oregon. HILOS will not compensate relocation costs.