Industrial Innovation Researcher | Energy Sector
We are a Swiss scale-up developing innovative software solutions which enable smart charging for electric vehicles and management of renewables for energy companies. We work with the likes of global innovators, including Techstars, Toyota, Stellantis’ Free2Move E-Solutions, and IVECO, as well as some of the major Swiss and Italian utilities.
Teams like Hive Power are the driving force behind the green energy transition. Join us in the revolution!
As a member of our growing team, you will be responsible for carrying out and managing research projects in collaboration with the best European Universities and Energy Companies.
- Project management in European and Swiss projects
- Coordinate internal resources and external academic and industrial partners for the flawless execution of multiple projects
- Collaborate with the R&D team to carry out the project activities
- Develop and implement Python-based solutions and integrations as needed for projects
- A MSc or equivalent University level diploma in Electrical, Energy Engineering, Computer Science or a related field
- Proficiency in Python coding with experience in industrial application
- Experience with containerisation technologies and orchestration
- Interest in electricity markets, European regulatory frameworks, demand side management and demand response, with a focus on stationary batteries and vehicle-to-grid technologies.
- Flexibility and adaptability to the changing environment of research and development
- Strong familiarity with software development tools, methodologies, and best practices
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline
- Proven experience in European project frameworks (Horizon 2020, Green Deal, and Horizon Europe)
- Excellent analytical skills
- You have the ability to autonomously seek results without formal authority
- Availability to travel
- Language: fluent in English, knowledge of Italian is a plus
- Work for good: we are an EU-supported startup with a high impact on climate change and strong social values, including a diverse team.
- Competitive compensation, with stock options.
- Tuition opportunities and access to conferences and seminars.
- An incredibly dedicated, experienced and international team.
- A great culture that promotes personal development, team-building, and well-being.
- Flexible job location (Lugano, hybrid, or remote).