Forecasting and Control Engineer
We are a Swiss scale-up, developing innovative software solutions which enable smart charging for electric vehicles and management of renewables for energy companies. We work with the likes of global innovators, including Techstars, Toyota, Stellantis’ Free2Move E-Solutions, and IVECO, as well as some of the major Swiss and Italian utilities.
Teams like Hive Power are the driving force behind the green energy transition. Join us in the revolution!
As a member of our growing team, you will be responsible for developing, integrating and delivering our core software products. You will mainly work with Python, developing features for multiple products, with a focus on the forecasting and the scheduling of electric vehicles.
- Work closely with product managers, engineers and data scientists in a highly collaborative environment to design and execute innovative probabilistic techniques to forecast mobility patterns, energy production, and consumption, such as diffusion models and neural networks.
- Optimally exploit these forecasts in a decision process to control and schedule electrical loads.
- Execute end-to-end energy forecast and optimization efforts on our platform, from conception with stakeholders to final implementation with engineering.
- An MSc or equivalent University level diploma in energy engineering, data science, computer science, statistics, applied mathematics, physics or a related field
- An interest in data-driven decision models, statistical analysis, decision-making under uncertainty, renewable energy generation, and power grid management.
- Knowledge of optimization and control and at least one python-based optimization modeling framework (e.g. cvxpy, pyomo, gurobipy, etc…)
- Strong programming skills, particularly in Python
- Familiarity with the most common machine learning algorithms is a plus
- Knowledge of containerization concepts and tools (i.e. Docker) is a plus
- Knowledge of container orchestration engine (Kubernetes) is a plus
- Notions of cloud deployment technologies and best practices is a plus
- Embrace a highly iterative engineering process
- You have the ability to autonomously seek results without formal authority
- Language: fluent in English, knowledge of Italian is a plus
- Work for good: we are an EU-supported startup with a high impact on climate change and strong social values, including a diverse team.
- Competitive compensation, with stock options.
- Top of the line hardware, tuition opportunities and access to conferences and seminars.
- An incredibly dedicated, experienced and international team.
- A great culture that promotes personal development, team-building, and wellbeing.
- Flexible job location (Lugano, hybrid, or remote).