Hyre is a comprehensive HR platform that helps businesses of all sizes, across different industries, manage their shift-based workforce by providing the tools that enable them to thrive, including employee shift scheduling, automated timesheets, digital time clocks, team messaging, and a built-in temp staffing pool.
We started by tackling the $100 billion problem in the event staffing space by creating a successful platform that allows hospitality professionals to take control of their external staffing. We quickly onboarded many high-end clients such as the Hilton, Delta, Westin, Marriott, Ritz Carleton, across Toronto and Ottawa.
As many start-ups do, we evolved to help our clients with their additional needs. We proudly extended our product to help them with their internal staffing tasks such as managing their workforce, tracking time-and-attendance, payroll, invoicing, etc. We also expanded into healthcare during COVID. (What a pivot!)
We are an ambitious early-stage startup, looking for a motivated and experienced Lead Developer.
The Development team, in partnership with the CEO, is responsible for innovating and implementing the company’s technical vision and supervising all technology development. The Lead developer will play a vital role in realizing the company’s continual growth, development, and vision. Our ideal candidate is someone who is open and able to adapt. As we expand further, we need someone who is constantly innovating and exceeding expectations to give our customers the best experience possible and anticipate the needs of the company.
The Lead Developer is integral in the company’s short and long-term technological development. He/she is responsible for the overall and constant development, maintenance, and improvement of the company’s technological experience and offering. This person will lead and supervise a team of developers in the pursuit of the successful enactment of the company’s technological development goals.
Our tech stack, ideally you should be familiar with at least 3 out of 5:
• Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Sidekiq.
• PostgreSQL, Redis.
• Docker, Kubernetes, GCP, AWS.
You will be able to participate in:
• Building new scalable services and APIs from scratch.
• Creating complex rich single-page applications.
• Developing and maintaining our monolithic Rails application.
• Building a mobile app for iOS and Android.
• Improving our cloud infrastructure and CI/CD process.
• Participating in code reviews and increasing our test coverage.
• Helping with hiring and onboarding new developers.
You are effective in the following areas:
• Being pragmatic, moving fast, continually learning, having an entrepreneurial spirit.
• Owning the complete system: identifying a problem, building, and validating a solution.
• Operating as a Full Cycle Developer: architect, develop, test, deploy, operate, support.
• Using best practices for development and testing: code review, writing tests, etc.
• Being a team player with excellent communication skills.
Join our growing team in our office in downtown Toronto, Canada to work with talented people, iterate quickly, and help us expand to new markets.
Perks and other info:
- Office: Currently, we are fully remote. We will be giving team members the option of working in an office setting sometime in the next few months.
- Lots of opportunities for product ownership.
- Monthly team game nights.
- Access to a yearly learning budget.
- Flexible Workday/Work week
- Friendly and fun teammates.
Something looks off?