Material & Process Engineer
Infinite Composites Technologies
Innovation, Quality, Teamwork, Transparency, Integrity, Focus
The M&P Engineer is responsible for conducting research into and development of innovative processing and fabrication techniques in the application of advanced composite materials, testing, providing technical support, and guidance to fabrication personnel. The M&P Engineer will work closely with all engineers and departments to ensure materials support the designs that meet customer requirements, safety requirements, and pass first yield FEA. This role reports to the VP of Engineering.
- Evaluate alternative composite materials and processes that improve properties by performing trade studies, manufacturing trials, and coupon testing.
- Lead process development activities through a demonstrated knowledge of current and emerging manufacturing/process techniques to support objectives of new programs.
- Develop a database at a reasonable confidence interval, comparable to Metallic Materials Properties Development and Standardization (MMPDS), for exotic materials we use to fabricate our products.
- Develop B-Basis allowables databases for all materials and combinations of materials we use to fabricate our products.
- Utilize process simulation tools to develop new or optimized process cure processes.
- Develop material and process specifications through collaboration with Manufacturing and Vendors to guide engineers in selecting appropriate materials by drawing from military standards, industry standards and material engineering experience.
- Perform materials related failure investigations to determine root cause and corrective actions by the inspection, analysis and testing of parts.
- Develop and execute composite material qualification plans, including fabrication and testing plans.
- Support Continuous Improvement initiatives, provide support to sustaining manufacturing, and help reduce cost of production while increasing product quality.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- B.S. Engineering degree, or
- Associate's degree or 2 years of college/university coursework AND 2 years of relevant work experience, or
- 4 years of relevant work experience.
- 2-5 years of engineering design (CAD) experience.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including written, verbal, and presentation.
- Must be confident with a hands-on approach to products, processes, and tooling.
- Familiarity with machining practices and additive manufacturing.
- Strong planning, prioritization and project management competencies.
- Ability to excel in a team atmosphere of creativity, courage, while delivering results.
- Ability to meet strict and demanding deadlines.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs; willingness to learn G-Suite.
- Ability to obtain US DoD Clearance.
- Ability to meet International Trade and Arms Regulations (ITAR) requirements.
- Must be able to work in excess of 8 hours per day and 5 days per week. Willing to work all required shifts hours, overtime and weekends, if required.
Demand - Frequency
- Walk - Frequently.
- Stand and sit for long periods of time – Frequently.
- Use hands to handle, feel, or manipulate – Frequently.
- Reach with hands and arms - Frequently.
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl – Occasionally.
- Talk and hear – Frequently.
- Use close vision depth perception and ability to adjust – Constant.
- Lift 25lbs unassisted – Occasionally.
Something looks off?