Infinite Composites Technologies
Innovation, Quality, Teamwork, Transparency, Integrity, Focus
The Design Engineer is responsible for design, developing and implementing product, equipment and part designs to support new product development, research, sales and manufacturing support. This role reports to the VP of Engineering. The Design Engineer will work closely with all engineers and departments to ensure designs meet customer requirements, safety requirements, and pass first yield FEA.
- Prepare and develop design solutions, engineering drawings, design processes, and engineering change orders to facilitate customer and internal projects.
- Design Engineers may be responsible for creating drawings of products, detail parts, products and/or equipment.
- Expected to support testing efforts and tooling assembly when required.
- Expected to learn ICT's design and analysis processes to ensure designs meet AS9100 and pass FEA requirements when applicable.
- Participate/lead discussions during design reviews.
- Support sales with assembling BOM’s and preliminary designs for ROMs.
- Conduct structural, material, and dimensional analysis for designs.
- Design production tooling, qualification tests fixtures and assembly rigs.
- Strive for the continuous optimization of best practices within ICT's NPD process.
- May be involved with providing drawings and designs for patent disclosures.
- Will often be called upon to support manufacturing and tooling efforts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- B.S. Engineering degree, or
- Associate's degree or 2 years of college/university coursework AND 2 years of relevant work experience, or
- 4 years of relevant work experience.
- 2-5 years of engineering design (CAD) experience.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including written, verbal, and presentation.
- Must be confident with a hands-on approach to products, processes, and tooling.
- Familiarity with machining practices and additive manufacturing.
- Strong planning, prioritization and project management competencies.
- Ability to excel in a team atmosphere of creativity, courage, while delivering results.
- Ability to meet strict and demanding deadlines.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs; willingness to learn G-Suite.
- Ability to obtain US DoD Clearance.
- Ability to meet International Trade and Arms Regulations (ITAR) requirements.
- Must be able to work in excess of 8 hours per day and 5 days per week. Willing to work all required shifts hours, overtime and weekends, if required.
Demand - Frequency
- Walk - Frequently.
- Stand and sit for long periods of time – Frequently.
- Use hands to handle, feel, or manipulate – Frequently.
- Reach with hands and arms - Frequently.
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl – Occasionally.
- Talk and hear – Frequently.
- Use close vision depth perception and ability to adjust – Constant.
- Lift 25lbs unassisted – Occasionally.
Something looks off?