Backend Engineer - Mexico
What you’ll be doing:
- Collaborate closely with product managers, architects and UX on an agile scrum team to deliver incremental value that is core to our services.
- The scrum team consists of UI engineers, back end engineers, and quality engineers. You’ll be actively involved in sprint planning sessions, refinement sessions, and retrospectives. We want to hear your voice in each step of the team’s success!
- Drive feature implementation with the team through your individual contributions, reviewing the code of others, and collaborating with quality engineers to write automated tests
- Demonstrate strong service ownership with the team by sharing your thoughts to shape organization, process and design. We support our services with an on-call plan that is shaped by industry best practices to support healthy work/life balance.
- Partner with architects, Security, and DevOps to help make key technology decisions that ensure our designs are secure, highly available, scalable and performant.
- Help the team and organization live by our core values: building connections, thinking big and getting 1% better every day.
We’re looking for:
- 3-5 years of enterprise software development experience building highly available distributed systems in a variety of languages. JumpCloud currently uses Go, Node.js, Python and Vue.js
- Hands-on experience designing and implementing RESTful APIs. Bonus points if you have implemented APIs based off of the gRPC protocol.
- Experience using Docker containers and CI/CD pipelines to build, test and deploy to environments using container orchestrators such as Nomad or Kubernetes
- Proficiency using Git version control
- Comfortable using the Linux command line
- Database experience is required, including relational (Postgres, SQL Server, etc) and non-relational databases (Mongo, Redis, etc)
- Ability to work effectively and independently in a remote position with minimal supervision.
- Strong team player with excellent communication skills. We collaborate in many ways, such as video calls, group chat channels, or editing documents asynchronously.
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience with infrastructure as code (Terraform, Ansible, etc)
- Built CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins, CircleCI, Bamboo, GitLab, GitHub Actions, etc)
- Front-end development experience with modern frameworks (Vue.js or React)
- Experience in developing SaaS applications in the cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Monitoring and analytics solutions (Dynatrace, DataDog, or NewRelic)
Something looks off?