Vice President - Merchant Sales
Kard is building the first rewards-as-a-service platform to power the next generation of loyalty. Our mission is to reward consumers for their everyday purchases. Our powerful suite of APIs helps neobanks, financial institutions, banking-as-a-service platforms, and anyone who issues a payment card launch customized rewards tailored to their unique customer needs.
We have raised $30M to date from top investors including Tiger Global Management, Fin Capital, Underscore Ventures, as well as angels, founders, and executives from Ally Financial, Affirm, Alloy, Mastercard, Robinhood, and many other leading financial and fintech institutions.
About the Role
Kard is hiring a Vice President - Merchant Sales to lead our Merchant Sales Team. We are looking for a highly motivated, entrepreneurial sales leader, to lead a high-performing team and own our aggressive merchant revenue targets. You will be responsible for the full sales life cycle for our card-linked digital advertising platform to brands and retailers. This is a high-profile, strategic role and will report directly into the Chief Revenue Officer. We are seeking someone who has experience scaling a team within a hyper-growth organization. The ideal candidate will be an expert in emerging tech, new forms of digital media, and the intersection of fintech and adtech.
- Hiring, leading, and mentoring a team of senior sales individuals to achieve our aggressive revenue growth goals
- Developing a robust pipeline of strategic merchants across our key vertical areas of focus (retail, dining, ‘everyday spend’ (e.g., gas/grocery))
- Selling to C-Level executives at target brands, negotiating direct contracts, and removing roadblocks to close deals efficiently
- Owning the merchant sales revenue and budget forecasts, leading strategic projects to support revenue growth and margin expansion, and supporting new product launches
- Setting the sales strategy and creating a playbook and collateral/tools to empower the sales team to scale their book of business
- Leveraging data to prove out merchant program performance and tracking key internal and external KPIs
- Collaborating cross-functionally with the Issuer Sales, Marketing, Product, Partnerships, and Operations teams to define and achieve joint goals
- Ensuring our partner ecosystem is helping to drive success for both Merchant and Issuer customers and we’re efficiently burning campaigns across our marketplace
- 10+ years of experience selling digital media campaigns or software services to large brands, leveraging a creative and consultative sales process
- Deep knowledge of how performance and digital media buying agencies work and how to effectively sell in and close long-term deals
- A process-oriented mindset to define a repeatable sales playbook and sales enablement strategy to efficiently grow the business
- Demonstrated success owning aggressive revenue targets and hiring/growing a high-performing sales organization
- A naturally persuasive and high energy personality; you're hungry to make an impact and to disrupt an industry
- The ability to easily flex between a high-level managerial view and the nitty gritty of a particular contract
- Proven track record scaling a sales teams in an early-stage startup
- Ability to bring a compelling and innovative advertising model already in use at top brands to even more retailers, expand relationships with current advertising partners, and work with the marketing agencies controlling the largest budgets
- An entrepreneurial spirit and ability to drive results autonomously in a hyper-growth and white space environment
- Experience with the payments ecosystem, specifically loyalty and rewards
- In-depth knowledge of the card-linked offers space
Projected salary range (including base and OTE) is $300-350k, depending on experience
As well as focusing on offering career progression, life at Kard is a chance to work autonomously, be a part of a rapidly growing company and witness a team that embodies its values (Humility, Initiative and Openness) from the CEO down.
Our robust benefit plan includes:
- Unlimited PTO (where employees are required, at minimum, to take one day off a quarter, 10 days each year)
- 11 observed Federal Holidays (plus one for Black Friday and another for Christmas Eve)
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k (100% Employer match for the first 3%)
- Coworking Reimbursement (up to $250 or 80%)
- WFH setup stipend
- Company Offsites (January, May and September)
Something looks off?