Senior Software Engineer
Kard is transforming customer loyalty with our rewards-as-a-service API platform. We empower our partners, from neobanks to financial institutions and beyond, to offer tailored rewards that celebrate customers' daily transactions. Backed by $30M from industry-leading investors and seasoned experts, we are reshaping the future of customer engagement.
About the Role
Join us at a pivotal moment, navigating a period of rapid growth and change. Be part of building the external and internal capabilities necessary for this journey. We're on a mission to foster a company culture rooted in openness, empathy, and respect, and we value the unique blend of experience, curiosity, realistic optimism, and dedication to excellence that you bring. With us, you'll explore a variety of opportunities spanning new feature development, system scaling, DevOps automation, data management, engineering best practices, and beyond.
- Collaborate with product, design, and fellow engineers to identify and create right-sized solutions to business challenges.
- Optimize technology selections, architectures, automated testing, abstractions, and delivery processes to maximize quality, speed, and optionality.
- Collaboratively own your work from design to delivery, while helping to shape a shared DevOps automation platform based on AWS and community standards
- Understand our business and customer context, and let it inspire your imagination and guide your prioritization.
- Contribute towards our engineering values of continuous improvement, business-aligned autonomy, and incremental progress
- Proficiency in TypeScript and Node; familiarity with Go is a bonus
- Experience with MongoDB and Postgres
- AWS experience, with understanding of serverless architecture, data quality, event systems, performance, security, and scaling
- DevOps experience, in mindset and tooling (e.g. automated testing, CI/CD, IaC, DevSecOps, APIOps, ...)
- Experience in production operations and incident management
- Collaboration skills and emotional intelligence
- Strong written and oral communication abilities for technical and non-technical audiences
- Prior successful experience in a startup and in remote environments is highly desirable
- Experience working with data engineers and scientists is very nice to have
- Familiarity with React and CSS is nice to have
Kard recognizes the unique value each of us brings to our collective success. As part of our remote-first team, you'll have the autonomy to influence our trajectory, actively contributing to the growth of our business and the evolution of our company culture. By embodying our core values of Initiative, Openness, and Humility, you will not only witness but directly foster an inclusive and dynamic work environment, from the executive level down.Our competitive benefit plan includes:
- Unlimited PTO, with a minimum requirement to take one day off a quarter, ten days a year, promoting mental well-being
- Observance of 11 Federal Holidays, plus an additional day each for Black Friday and Christmas Eve
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k with employer match
- Coworking space and WFH setup reimbursement
- Company Offsites in January, May, and September for planning, team-building, and networking