Senior Account Manager, Issuer Team
Kard is transforming customer loyalty with our rewards-as-a-service API platform. We empower our partners, from neobanks to financial institutions and beyond, to offer tailored rewards that celebrate customers' daily transactions. Backed by $30M from industry-leading investors and seasoned experts, we are reshaping the future of customer engagement.
About the Role
The Issuer Account Management team at Kard is responsible for driving post-sales revenue and success for Kard’s core Issuer customers by owning and nurturing our most important Issuer customers which include traditional financial institutions, neobanks, and fintechs.
We are looking for an experienced, high-energy, and strategic Senior Account Manager to oversee our most critical customer relationships. This role will be responsible for guiding these critical partners through onboarding and implementation, and for building the strategy that guides their success post sale.
This role requires a strategic problem solver who is an effective influencer with a high degree of business acumen. They thrive in challenging, fast-paced environments and have a passion for driving creative solutions and developing strategy. The ideal candidate has demonstrated excellence in guiding account strategy and growth, leadership, autonomous and data driven decision making, being a high-performer in high-performing teams, and a dedication to process and continuous improvement.
- Managing the kickoff, onboarding, implementation, and long term strategy for our largest clients — you'll be the go-to person for their everyday needs.
- Streamlining process in partnership with operations and sales.
- Providing thought leadership to our accounts (and sometimes to their accounts too) as we help them create meaningful rewards experiences.
- Fully owning renewals, monthly financials, business review calls, and everything under the sun to keep the relationship healthy.
- Helping us “land and expand” by proactively driving accounts to new offers, tools and/or packages that could benefit them.
- 5+ years managing significant client relationships, ideally those with an integration involved
- Superb client presence — you're well-spoken and proactive in doing what it takes to deliver the best possible experience to our accounts, and you are comfortable running a call
- An intense desire to be an early employee — you want to build something from scratch, improve it along the way, and you don't need hand-holding
- A thorough understanding of and opinions on account best practices (e.g. customer journeys, KPIs, etc.)
- Strong coaching skills — we hire very carefully and are serious about our commitment to our team’s career development
- The ability to both see the big picture and dive into the details to fix a process — we’ll hand you the tools and the current processes, and you’ll have full ownership of what each looks like going forward
- Early stage startup experience
- Experience working with financial data or banking partners
Kard recognizes the unique value each of us brings to our collective success. As part of our remote-first team, you'll have the autonomy to influence our trajectory, actively contributing to the growth of our business and the evolution of our company culture. By embodying our core values of Initiative, Openness, and Humility, you will not only witness but directly foster an inclusive and dynamic work environment, from the executive level down.Our competitive benefit plan includes:
- Unlimited PTO, with a minimum requirement to take one day off a quarter, ten days a year, promoting mental well-being
- Observance of 11 Federal Holidays, plus an additional day each for Black Friday and Christmas Eve
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k with employer match
- Coworking space and WFH setup reimbursement
- Company Offsites in January, May, and September for planning, team-building, and networking