Senior Data Scientist
Kard is transforming customer loyalty with our rewards-as-a-service API platform. We empower our partners, from neobanks to financial institutions and beyond, to offer tailored rewards that celebrate customers' daily transactions. Backed by $30M from industry-leading investors and seasoned experts, we are reshaping the future of customer engagement.
About the Role
Join as a foundational pillar of Kard's data team, leading the charge in data-driven decision-making across the company. You'll work alongside data engineers, data analysts, and product managers to design novel marketing campaigns, unveil game-changing product insights, and influence Kard's strategic compass. You’ll be spearheading high impact predictive modeling, delivering strategic intelligence, and championing a data-centric culture at Kard.
- Dive deep with SQL, Python, and creativity: prepare, analyze, hypothesize, experiment, interpret, and derive insights in iterative cycles.
- Lead the building of machine learning models to develop robust real-time and retroactive analysis and predictive campaign modeling.
- Partner with data engineering to influence the structuring, modeling, and cleaning of data.
- Act as a builder, optimizer, learner, and beacon of knowledge embedding data science best practices throughout Kard.
- Forge strong ties with business stakeholders, translating intricate data narratives into concise, revelatory insights.
- Expertise in SQL & scripting languages (e.g. Python or R).
- Track record of crafting production-ready data models coupled with a firm stance on data science excellence.
- In-depth understanding of mathematical and statistical concepts behind most common machine learning techniques and an enthusiasm for causal inference questions, e.g., A/B tests.
- Exceptional communication skills, adept at translating complex data into actionable insights for both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience with dbt, Databricks, MongoDB, Tableau (or similar) is a big plus.
- Strong business acumen, particularly in the fintech and adtech sectors. Prior adtech experience is a significant plus.
- Ability to dissect complex problems and deliver incremental, effective solutions.
- A strong focus on continuous improvement, with an emphasis on automation and process optimization.
- Excellent attention to detail and insatiable curiosity.
- A commitment to personal growth, team development, and mentoring. Previous mentoring experience is a plus.
- Prior successful experience in a startup and in remote environments is highly desirable.
Kard recognizes the unique value each of us brings to our collective success. As part of our remote-first team, you'll have the autonomy to influence our trajectory, actively contributing to the growth of our business and the evolution of our company culture. By embodying our core values of Initiative, Openness, and Humility, you will not only witness but directly foster an inclusive and dynamic work environment, from the executive level down.Our competitive benefit plan includes:
- Unlimited PTO, with a minimum requirement to take one day off a quarter, ten days a year, promoting mental well-being
- Observance of 11 Federal Holidays, plus an additional day each for Black Friday and Christmas Eve
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k with employer match
- Coworking space and WFH setup reimbursement
- Company Offsites in January, May, and September for planning, team-building, and networking