Senior Product Manager
Kard is transforming customer loyalty with our rewards-as-a-service API platform. We empower our partners, from neobanks to financial institutions and beyond, to offer tailored rewards that celebrate customers' daily transactions. Backed by $30M from industry-leading investors and seasoned experts, we are reshaping the future of customer engagement.
About the Role
As a Senior Product Manager at Kard, you will be responsible for identifying key business problems and working across teams to identify solutions that our customers love.
- Listening to our customers and internal stakeholders to proactively identify business problems.
- Forming concrete opinions on business priorities and product strategy, using sound judgment to assess risks, and laying out your reasoning in a well-structured, data-informed, written narrative.
- Owning the roadmap for at least one development team, building from the business objectives and engaging leadership to understand your reasoning.
- Building product knowledge and excitement internally at Kard and externally with our clients, through product demos, presentations of the roadmap, and more.
- Understanding the full dynamics of the business, from sales, marketing, finance, etc. in making informed decisions as you build product capabilities and processes.
- Working closely with our engineering team to discuss solutions in a detailed manner, assessing the value and viability of multiple approaches to a business problem.
- Collaborating with engineering to enhance and carry out best practices to scale efficient development, including day-to-day priorities, requirement and grooming meetings, and bug triage.
- Mentoring junior product team members and building best practices for discovery and other product functions.
- Developing and maintaining product documentation to help our users understand the product, provide seamless integrations, and emphasize the business value for each feature on our roadmap. This will be in tight coordination with our marketing team.
- 5+ years of experience working as a Product manager or similar role within a SaaS company.
- Strong client management and communication skills.
- Experience in the financial services / fintech space.
- A desire to understand the Kard product in a nuanced way, connecting the technology to the end user.
- Empathy for both our financial issuers and our merchants; we need both to deliver the best possible product.
- Demonstrated ability to learn multiple functional areas of the business – engineering, design, finance, sales, and marketing.
- Proven ability to engage with engineers, designers, and company leaders in a constructive and collaborative relationship.
- Basic technical acumen; the ability to work with SQL, Postman, etc.
- Experience with an API-driven product
- Experience launching a new product into the market
- Experience as a product manager of a data product(s)
Kard recognizes the unique value each of us brings to our collective success. As part of our remote-first team, you'll have the autonomy to influence our trajectory, actively contributing to the growth of our business and the evolution of our company culture. By embodying our core values of Initiative, Openness, and Humility, you will not only witness but directly foster an inclusive and dynamic work environment, from the executive level down.Our competitive benefit plan includes:
- Unlimited PTO, with a minimum requirement to take one day off a quarter, ten days a year, promoting mental well-being
- Observance of 11 Federal Holidays, plus an additional day each for Black Friday and Christmas Eve
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k with employer match
- Coworking space and WFH setup reimbursement
- Company Offsites in January, May, and September for planning, team-building, and networking