Merchant Sales Director
Kard is transforming customer loyalty with our rewards-as-a-service API platform. We empower our partners, from neobanks to financial institutions and beyond, to offer tailored rewards that celebrate customers' daily transactions. Backed by $30M from industry-leading investors and seasoned experts, we are reshaping the future of customer engagement.
About the Role
Kard is actively seeking a Sales Director to help expand our network of media and brand advertisers across our network of banking partners.
In this role, you will be responsible for creating new customer opportunities and closing sales for our advertising network. You’ll work to profile and research opportunities in the market, prospecting, hunting, and closing new partnerships. Kard is a high growth business and you will be responsible for significantly contributing to that growth, working in a fast paced and collaborative environment as a valued member of the merchant sales team. The primary measures of success will be deals closed and revenue generated. If you’re a hungry new business seller looking to start at the ground floor and help our team and business grow, this might be the job for you!
- Work the entire sales process from qualifying and prospecting to negotiating and closing net new business opportunities within your assigned vertical and territory
- Work to develop a robust pipeline of opportunities, leveraging all available sourcing strategies and tools, including your own outbound prospecting, to beat sales revenue targets
- Develop a detailed understanding of the Kard platform and our unique positioning in the market; delivering a differentiated value proposition to prospective clients with the ability to dive deep into prospective client’s marketing and business goals.
- Own client meetings virtually and in person, across every step of the sales process including demonstrations, with enterprise brands ensuring stakeholder buy-in and alignment to partner with Kard
- Partner with a broad range of internal teams including sales leadership, finance, account management, marketing, and product in order to support the sales cycle and to provide feedback on systems and processes internally.
- Take ownership of pipeline management, CRM updates, forecasting and reporting according to organization processes and governance.
- 7-10+ years of net-new business sales experience selling omni-channel marketing programs, media, or data/analytics (retail, QSR, Fuel, CPG, and Agency experience all a plus), with at least 3 years selling to Inc 500 accounts.
- Significant digital media experience is a must
- Proven sales hunter with outstanding quota attainment history against high 6 figure yearly quota
- Advanced skills for both the art and science of self prospecting new opportunities
- Experience selling into the executive suite and to multiple departments and stakeholders
- Process oriented sales person with specific approaches to territory management, prospecting, pipeline management, deal management, and forecasting required.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Certifications in Force Management, Challenger Sales, Winning by Design, or another proven sales process preferred.
- Startup experience preferred
- Card-linked offers and/or SaaS experience a plus
Compensation range is between $225,000 - $250,000 OTE
Kard recognizes the unique value each of us brings to our collective success. As part of our remote-first team, you'll have the autonomy to influence our trajectory, actively contributing to the growth of our business and the evolution of our company culture. By embodying our core values of Initiative, Openness, and Humility, you will not only witness but directly foster an inclusive and dynamic work environment, from the executive level down.Our competitive benefit plan includes:
- Unlimited PTO, with a minimum requirement to take one day off a quarter, ten days a year, promoting mental well-being
- Observance of 11 Federal Holidays, plus an additional day each for Black Friday and Christmas Eve
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k with employer match
- Coworking space and WFH setup reimbursement
- Company Offsites in January, May, and September for planning, team-building, and networking