Senior Software Engineer
Who are we?
We are a mission-driven, venture-backed, grant-awarded team of clinicians, scientists, engineers, and business leaders who focus on delivering higher quality surgical care. Using machine learning and data science, we predict complications so surgeons can proactively intervene to mitigate these risks before and after surgery. We reduce complications, readmissions and ultimately, assist in bringing the patient safely through the surgical journey.
What will you do?
As the Senior Backend Engineer, you will work hands on with the Director of Engineering to architect and execute the implementation of backend features that will fuel the future of surgical AI. Our engineering team keeps a lightning fast pace while balancing on robust checks for quality and fidelity. KelaHealth is a perfect fit for engineers seeking to apply their skills in a highly effective, high performance driven environment.
Our tech stack is predominantly nodejs with several python microservices that intersect with our data science team. We are looking for a true self starter with a passion for growing their technical and soft skills alike.
Our ideal candidate is one who strives for autonomy (but with a collaborative attitude) and can effectively manage their time to deliver high quality results with confidence.
- Partner with the Director Engineering to design, implement, and deploy complex features across multiple node js microservices with focus on maintaining scalability
- Build a python service that integrates and extracts EHR data from EPIC
- Own the entire process of analyzing and integrating data into our established pipelines
- Communicate with customer success teams to analyze data and react to potential issues
- Ensure timely deliverables and documentation of various engineering assets
- Protect sensitive client data
- 4+ years working as an independent contributor in a professional capacity
- 2+ years working with python
- Experience with node js
- Experience integrating with a major EHR (EPIC, Cerner, etc)
- Experience working at an early stage startup
- Hands on experience analyzing, and creating complex queries for large sets of relational data with an emphasis on optimization
- Extreme comfort with documenting and explaining technical approaches prior to execution
- Experience writing and maintaining unit and integration testing
- Strong desire to own entire projects from start to finish with a heavy focus on high quality, scalable deliveries
- Strong sense of teamwork, yet highly self driven
Nice to have:
- Experience with postgres, specifically
- Experience developing locally with docker & docker-compose
- Experience creating and managing client facing REST apis in a production environment
- Demonstrable side projects that are applicable to your professional skill sets
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination and booster
- Willing to comply with customers’ local policies around COVID-19 and other conditions
KelaHealth Core Values:
- Patient-focused: Improve care & outcomes
- Customer-focused: Deliver excellence
- Bold: Challenge the norms
- Flexible: Evolve under pressure
- Accountable: Own the outcome
- Innovative: Create differentiated value
- Curious: Thirst for more
- Compassionate: Seek to understand
- 140 to 160 K (Varies based on fit)